📛 Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco

Is the 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser First Edition the KING of midsize SUVs?​

The steering yoke is interesting!

land_cruiser-steering-yoke.png

• Admin
The steering yolk is a prototype with breaking and acceleration on column for the disabled.

I remember reading about the concept, it's neat to see it in the vehicle:

I remember reading about the concept, it's neat to see it in the vehicle:
I drove an acquaintance's Tesla gull wing that had the steering yoke. I could not believe how conditioned I am to using the top of the steering wheel until it was not there.

I appreciate the lack of pedals for the disabled, but don't disable them more with a steering yoke. No yoke, let's go Brandon.

The yoke controls are a gesture of goodwill for Toyota. It's expensive for large manufacturers to customize vehicles, so I expect Toyota is probably looking for a supplier to partner with for the design and build of accessibility customizations.

Question I have is, so sorry, not related to yolks. Just wanted to know if 1958 comes with running boards? I have little kiddos that need to step on something to get in.

Question I have is, so sorry, not related to yolks. Just wanted to know if 1958 comes with running boards? I have little kiddos that need to step on something to get in.
I don't recall seeing running boards on the 1958 trim, but I expect there will be several suppliers to choose from. Profit margins are high for dealer installed equipment, so there will be options available from Toyota.

Back