Performance?

DocMarshall

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Feb 15, 2024
WV
Vehicles
68 Camaro RS, 19 Taco TRD Offroad, 21 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription, 22 Raptor, 24 Crosstrek Limited
Perhaps I've missed it, but I don't see where anyone has posted the 0-60 times for the new LC. Has anyone seen this data?

No, I'm just curious as to the 0-60 time for the new LC (on-road). I haven't seen it anywhere.

TYVM. I thought I saw a similar number to that from one of the reviews from England, but that was a different motor than what we are getting. It's a bigger vehicle but has pretty good HP/Tq numbers.

TYVM. I thought I saw a similar number to that from one of the reviews from England, but that was a different motor than what we are getting. It's a bigger vehicle but has pretty good HP/Tq numbers.
The US Landcruiser 250 vehicle is not at all bigger than any other Landcruiser 250 in Europe, Australia Japan or Venezuela
But.... you get a lot more power and torque and a lower price.... an offset for the missing 3rd row and the premium fuel. :oops:

The US Landcruiser 250 vehicle is not at all bigger than any other Landcruiser 250 in Europe, Australia Japan or Venezuela
But.... you get a lot more power and torque and a lower price.... an offset for the missing 3rd row and the premium fuel. :oops:
"Bigger vehicle" was referring to general size, not comparing to prior generation LC's. Sorry for the confusion.

All I saw were the SUV's creeping along dirt roads.
This is going to be my wife's ride, so I'm looking at road manners etc. She'll never take it off road.

Does she need a big SUV doing 0-60mph in 6 sec ? Highlander and Grand Highlander are cheaper.

slow car doing almost 8sec to 60mph :oops: but a great family car. Cheaper than the LC but way bigger inside and able to get 35 mpg.

Thank you fhb.

LC-120, I appreciate your input, but we like the looks of the Land Cruiser and not the Grand Highlander. The cars we are looking at are the LC (the FE I'm signed up for should be in soon), the GX550 and the '25 BMW X3 (I know, it's really a different class of vehicle, but that's one she wants to look at when it comes out if she doesn't get the LC).

I think you are realistically looking at the high 6 to low 7 range. It will feel quite peppy because that's the magic of (electric motor) torque but for all out performance, it is still 326hp pushing around 5200lbs. My wife's torquey 2.0T MINI Clubman S is very much the same thing. It feels like it would be quite quick until you actually ask it to. Meanwhile, my 1.6T 3 cyl GR Corolla feels so-so when I'm driving sedately but the power to weight ratio comes into play when I'm really asking for performance.

Since most people aren't ever really asking for full power out of their 5200lb SUVs, I think your wife will be very pleased with how the Land Cruiser drives. It is going to feel peppy.

Landcruiser is an off-roader designed to be comfortable on the highway. I see no reason to buy such a car if you have no plans whatsoever to drive in the wild. Mazda CX-90 and CX-70 are really beautiful cars ... compared to X3. Bigger and cheaper. Have a look.

Landcruiser is an off-roader designed to be comfortable on the highway. I see no reason to buy such a car if you have no plans whatsoever to drive in the wild. Mazda CX-90 and CX-70 are really beautiful cars ... compared to X3. Bigger and cheaper. Have a look.
I don't jump sand dunes, yet I own a Raptor. We buy what we want to drive, and that goes for everyone on the forum. I appreciate the input, but I don't like the Mazdas and we like what we like. We don't have to overland a Land Cruiser if we buy it. I'm sure it will be very content to go from my garage to the hospital every day.

I don't jump sand dunes, yet I own a Raptor. We buy what we want to drive, and that goes for everyone on the forum. I appreciate the input, but I don't like the Mazdas and we like what we like. We don't have to overland a Land Cruiser if we buy it. I'm sure it will be very content to go from my garage to the hospital every day.
I totally agree w you, and do not support the Mazda guidance, particularly if you are weighing it against an X3. I say that having test drove the Mazda and now own an X3 M40. World of difference. With that said, I have a LC FE with my name on :)

Back