Official Delivery/Possession Update Thread

Someone backed out of a the exact one I have reserved so I went straight to the dealer. Another person beat me to it but I hung around. They finally backed out so I was able to get it. View attachment 1597
What dealer? I passed on this exact config, Meteor FE. Holding out for Heritage Blue.

So you got this one??! Congrats!! I’ll hopefully be a week behind you on the same - supposedly at port last week. Will 275/70r18s fit - need .5 inches in the wells at lock.

Thanks and congrats again!
I did. I'm going to have to break up with my other sales rep though :ROFLMAO:
That one gets processed 5/1 at PDX

@Teebo , congratulations!

I read that the beefy FE roof rack attaches to the roof rails. Does this mean that it fits over the regular side rails that come with the LC trim? So that the FE roof rack can be removed and the regular roof rails remain?

Also, does the FE rack have built-in crossbars that are close to the roof? So that the rack is box-like with four sides?

Last edited:
@Teebo , congratulations!

I read that the beefy FE roof rack attaches to the roof rails. Does this mean that it fits over the regular side rails that come with the LC trim? So that the FE roof rack can be removed and the regular roof rails remain?

Also, does the FE rack have built-in crossbars that are close to the roof? So that the rack is box-like with four sides?
I think they call it a basket but its a full on rack. There are no roof rails under it. It's a true rack and appears to be bolted to the same points that the roof rails would use if it were the Land Cruiser grade.

I think they call it a basket but its a full on rack. There are no roof rails under it. It's a true rack and appears to be bolted to the same points that the roof rails would use if it were the Land Cruiser grade.
I'm guessing they would need to remove my LC roof rails and add the roof rack at the port then. My spec is a middle grade LC but includes the roof rack (which i assume is the same as the FE one)

Someone backed out of a the exact one I have reserved so I went straight to the dealer. Another person beat me to it but I hung around. They finally backed out so I was able to get it. View attachment 1597
So that’s nice !! Would you say it’s silver or like a silver grey ? I can’t tell what my eyes are picking up on

So that’s nice !! Would you say it’s silver or like a silver grey ? I can’t tell what my eyes are picking up on
The color changes in the light. Mostly it's silver with a brownish tint but in some light it looks more silver. It really looks amazing in person.

Thanks, @Teebo . I'm thinking that I might actually use the FE rack only in the summer. I would want the LC trim's side rails for most of the year, as I like their appearance better. So, I may have to purchase the side rails separately if/when they become available.

Thanks, @Teebo . I'm thinking that I might actually use the FE rack only in the summer. I would want the LC trim's side rails for most of the year, as I like their appearance better. So, I may have to purchase the side rails separately if/when they become available.
While the FE rack doesn't require the sealant required on my 5th gen 4Runner's Pro rack, it does look like quite the job to switch back and forth. There are 6 feet that mount onto the roof itself (12 bolts), 4 plates that attach the rack to the feet (8 bolts), 4 individual bolts that mount the rack to the middle feet, and then another 12 bolts to attach the sides of the rack to the sides of the feet.

We haven't seen static or dynamic load capacities for the FE roof rack, but you might be better off doing a swap with someone that has a standard grade Land Cruiser and using aftermarket crossbars when you would need them.

Reactions: Ed1
Thanks @qberg for the detailed description of how your rack is mounted.

You're probably right. Switching is probably a big job - especially when standing on a 6' ladder.

But at this point, I'm still thinking about it. I'll look it over when the FE comes in, hopefully soon.

Last edited:
Thanks @qberg for the detailed description of how your rack is mounted.

You're probably right. Switching is probably a big job - especially when standing on a 6' ladder.

But at this point, I'm still thinking about it. I look it over when the FE comes in, hopefully soon.
It actually appears to be a pretty good design from the perspective of installation and saving your roof from scratches, but it will definitely be a 2 man job. The basket itself is one piece that mounts on top of the feet.

Reactions: Ed1
Back