Local dealer has a First Edition inbound

Another local dealer, Michael’s Toyota of Bellevue (WA) has 9 LC’s on their website with notations that they’re either “In Transit” or “In Production”

6 FE’s and 3 Land Cruiser trims, all posted with no markups at TSRP.

This is refreshing to see. They don’t have anything inbound or in production that I’m exactly interested in but I’ll definitely be giving them a call in the future and letting them know what I want. Hopefully they’ll be able to get it, some day.

Another local dealer, Michael’s Toyota of Bellevue (WA) has 9 LC’s on their website with notations that they’re either “In Transit” or “In Production”

6 FE’s and 3 Land Cruiser trims, all posted with no markups at TSRP.

This is refreshing to see. They don’t have anything inbound or in production that I’m exactly interested in but I’ll definitely be giving them a call in the future and letting them know what I want. Hopefully they’ll be able to get it, some day.
Unless they’ve changed their approach, watch out for the dealer markup after they get you on the line. They were charging $5699 over MSRP when I spoke with them last month.

Unless they’ve changed their approach, watch out for the dealer markup after they get you on the line. They were charging $5699 over MSRP when I spoke with them last month.
So they’re falsely posting MSRP?

Something that especially bothered me about their add-ons was the inclusion of the all weather cargo mat. According to the spec sheet my dealer sent me, the FE package includes "All weather floor liners and cargo mats".
And what about tint? Every single LC I've seen online already has tinted windows everywhere behind the front seats.

So they’re falsely posting MSRP?
Not an exact science, but after talking to 30 dealers up the east coast, 15 showed on there site or smartpath a markup (5k-15k over msrp), 14 were hiding it until you called or asked for the pricing sheet, and lastly 1 finally had a few allocations and were only charging MSRP with no waitlist. It's an up-hill battle at the moment. I'm sure once LC's are on the ground, the First Editions have sold out, and the 4Runner is unveiled, you'll see this go away. Maybe 3 more months of this tops.

Not an exact science, but after talking to 30 dealers up the east coast, 15 showed on there site or smartpath a markup (5k-15k over msrp), 14 were hiding it until you called or asked for the pricing sheet, and lastly 1 finally had a few allocations and were only charging MSRP with no waitlist. It's an up-hill battle at the moment. I'm sure once LC's are on the ground, the First Editions have sold out, and the 4Runner is unveiled, you'll see this go away. Maybe 3 more months of this tops.
I hope you’re right. I’m also hoping that, with the announcement of the new 4Runner, a whole lot of people who were previously interested in the LC will step aside and let those of us who want the LC have at it sooner.

Back