Land Cruiser Target Market

Heard the rumor that the new LC is the same size as the current 4runner and the new redesign of the future (2025) 4runner will reduce in size with the hybrid train. Later part is alllll rumor, but it does make sense as it would scale the models similarly as they do with the highlander and grand highlander.
Pretty sure I checked this awhile back, and the LC is larger by a few inches overall, other than height.

I don't know if I'm the target market, but the LC is a target vehicle for me LOL

I've had full sized trucks for 35 years (usually have a second and sometimes third vehicle too), and I haven't needed one in 15. I just kept buying them because that's what I like. SUV makes more sense for my life at this stage.

I want body on frame, I don't want full size. That leaves me with like...4 choices if we're counting the LC. I have an old Jeep, have driven the new ones...Don't want another. The Bronco is almost there, but like another poster said, I wish they offered it in a fixed roof. I've never liked removable tops. The top has been off my 94 Wrangler maybe 5 times since it was new. Always for maintenance/fixes. Bronco is still loud and not a great daily/family vehicle, and the lack of rear seat HVAC just sealed it as a solid no-thanks.

I was actually considering a used LC200 late last year when the LC250 came through like the Kool-Aid Man.

I think if I can get a LC trim for 65k or less by summer (fat chance on both of those requirements lol), I'll buy LC. Otherwise, I'm going to just buy a 4Runner and drive it for 10 years, like I have my current (2013) Tundra.

You should be safe for a decade, as most hybrid batteries are warrantied for that time period, of course depending on the miles accumulated. Probably varies by battery type (NiMH in the LC, a good thing in my opinion) Speaking of battery types, that chemistry is evolving VERY fast! I would venture to guess at 10 years the NiMH battery will be obsolete, possibly not even available?

I don't think that will be the case, there will be a very large after market for these batteries as the same battery will end up in hundreds of thousands of vehicles a year (Tacoma, Tundra, Land Cruiser, Highlander, TX, GX etc). Look for remanufactured batteries for a 10 year old Prius and you will find many for a reasonable price.

Back