Land Cruiser Made in Hamura Plant, Not Tahara???

Directly from Toyota using VIN number...see where it says it was manufactured in Tokyo.

1713796496462.png

What website address were you on when you did this? Thank you.
I logged into my Toyota account and input my VIN...gave me the option of downloading additional information on the vehicle

Want to take a guess at what city Hino Motors Humura Plant is located? It starts with a T and rhymes with smokyo.
nope...just offering up more information for those who are unsure

Either one of these plants are going to put out a better product than Tacomas from Mexico and Tundras from Texas.
I logged into my Toyota account and input my VIN...gave me the option of downloading additional information on the vehicle
How are you adding it to your Toyota account? It only goes to 2021 Land Cruiser for me. :(

Either one of these plants are going to put out a better product than Tacomas from Mexico and Tundras from Texas.

How are you adding it to your Toyota account? It only goes to 2021 Land Cruiser for me. :(
When I added my VIN, it defaulted to 2021 in a drop down, but let me scroll "up" and skipped to 2024 to select that.

When I added my VIN, it defaulted to 2021 in a drop down, but let me scroll "up" and skipped to 2024 to select that.
Doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe I'm on the wrong page but It won't let me put in the VIN until I select Land Cruiser / Year.

When I entered my VIN, it took me right to my FE LC. Showed the 2024 right away and that document also says Aichi. Thanks BlackPearl.

When I entered my VIN, it took me right to my FE LC. Showed the 2024 right away and that document also says Aichi. Thanks BlackPearl.
What website are you using? I tried toyota's owners page but there is no 2024.

it's the toyota owners page...go to the "owners" tab top right and select "vehicle specs"....a pop up should give you place to input your VIN...if that doesn't work, IDK????

I just went to my account at Toyota.com. You have to create an account first. Hope that helps.

it's the toyota owners page...go to the "owners" tab top right and select "vehicle specs"....a pop up should give you place to input your VIN...if that doesn't work, IDK????
That's where I went as well and must have it backwards (VIN first, then the selectionw as available) but I had done it almost the day my permanent VIN was assigned. I originally added it on a desktop version of the site, versus mobile. Maybe there is something wonky going on when using mobile, Teebo? If you're already on desktop, can't figure out why that would be unavailable. When I added the temp VIN, it defaulted to a 1900 LC, and didn't give me an option to change that.

I was trying to "add" vehicle and it wanted the model/year before you could enter VIN. The Vehicle Specification area worked, only wanted VIN.
Thank you

I was trying to "add" vehicle and it wanted the model/year before you could enter VIN. The Vehicle Specification area worked, only wanted VIN.
Thank you
you're welcome...glad you found it...

From what I can tell from a small sample size I saw at the local dealer (5 cars) plus what is on here. Looks like positions 10 and 11 in the VIN denote factory

RK - Hino
R5 - Tahara

All GX550 that I look up online also have R5 in positions 10 and 11.
If the above is accurate (need more data points, obviously) a quick search online shows that most Land Cruisers are actually coming from Hino.

Last edited:
Back