Hello from the SF Bay Area

LandCruiserFE

📛 Founding Member
Mar 3, 2024
California
Hello everyone!

Just introducing myself. Currently in the process of acquiring the 2024 Land Cruiser First Edition. Just started the pre-sell process at my local dealership on Friday. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: MJE
Hello, and welcme to the forum! What do you mean by the "pre-sell process." Are they asking a mark-up on the FE? How much?

Roseville dealership are scumbags. Marin dealer not much better but they say they charge less than Roseville so expect them at 10k over. I have a couple dealers I am talking to. Congrats on your deal.

We have a nearby (the closest/local dealer wants $10K over) dealer who touts no markup, and they seem to hold to their word. So, acquiringf a FE amounts to who one knows at the dealership. Regardless, I see no chance at snagging a 1st Edition. Will settle for the LC trim with the premium package.

Hello, and welcme to the forum! What do you mean by the "pre-sell process." Are they asking a mark-up on the FE? How much?
The “pre-sell process” as it was explained to me by my local dealership is pretty much starting the buying process (financing, etc.) before the car shows up at the dealership. Yes there was a mark up of $5K.

Welcome to the forum @LandCruiserFE 🍻 What kind of timeframe is the dealer saying for delivery?
The dealership told me they estimate 2-3 weeks because it is already at port. We’ll see if that checks out. They said they’d be in contact with me with status updates on a weekly basis from here on out.

Last edited:
Roseville dealership are scumbags. Marin dealer not much better but they say they charge less than Roseville so expect them at 10k over. I have a couple dealers I am talking to. Congrats on your deal.
My dealership told me Roseville is asking $25K over MSRP! That is ridiculous!

The “pre-sell process” as it was explained to me by my local dealership is pretty much starting the buying process (financing, etc.) before the car shows up at the dealership. Yes there was a mark up of $5K.
$5K over is not too bad for a FE. However, I refuse to pay over MSRP, period! If they are requesting a deposit, no problem, IF it is refundable. It is not like they are special ordering a vehicle for you, as Toyota does not do that anymore. Sore subject! As I have mentioned, at $5K over, and especially if, say, $10K over, a person should also be looking at the Lexus GX550.

San Francisco Toyota is $5k over MSRP for a FE.
Sounds like they are tossing out the hook in an attempt to snare customers, i.e. bait & switch. Fact, their chances of getting more than two of the FE are very slim. Only 5000 will be produced, and there are approximately 2000 Toyota dealers in the U.S. as I recall.

Just got my weekly update from the dealership today. It is currently sitting at port in Japan. They said the system is now showing estimated delivery mid April. Will keep y’all updated as I am provided details.

Congratulations on your purchase! What dealership did you end up going with if you don’t mind me asking?
Hanley Hilltop in Richmond which happened to be the closest one to me. Got a call from a second dealership in the south bay who wanted a stupid amount and I told him I was good.

Hanley Hilltop in Richmond which happened to be the closest one to me. Got a call from a second dealership in the south bay who wanted a stupid amount and I told him I was good.
Nice! That’s near me! I got mine at Toyota Vallejo. I know you were going for MSRP were you able to get it at that?

Nice! That’s near me! I got mine at Toyota Vallejo. I know you were going for MSRP were you able to get it at that?
Ended up $3,500 over but had a good day in the market. They made it easy. I said before I went in I didn't want any dealer options and not to try and sell me. They also guaranteed it would be locked in a secure area so no one got to climb inside or take it out for a spin.

Back