German pre-orders sell out in 30 minutes.

For what it's worth, this is no different than when the Bronco first dropped (including the First Edition). Gone, immediately. The ones on the lots had dealer mark-ups but were still selling near-immediately. First Editions were non-existent though I heard of $20k mark-ups (over $65k MSRP) that still sold, though slower. With that said, there was plenty of MSRP-only dealers throughout the US for the Bronco and I didn't have any issue locally finding MSRP-only dealers. There's going to be gross mark-ups and that will get all the press but I think folks will have MSRP options if they put in the effort to reach out to their local dealers or pay attention to folks who are plugging their own dealers that are willing to work w/ interstate customers.

Like my experience w/ the Bronco and the Bronco6g forum, there was a few dealers that were very helpful on those forums and selling $2k under invoice (as long as it wasn't a First Edition or Everglades). I had a reservation w/ one of those dealers (Grainger Ford in Iowa). I ended up cancelling my reservation w/ my local dealership because Grainger was so good with being proactive and was great w/ me and my questions. They developed a great relationship w/ users on that site and had people coming in f/ all over the nation to pick up their Bronco. It helped that they were extremely helpful in guiding people through the process. I wouldn't eliminate the possibility we have a few dealers jump in here in the same kind of capacity. At least, not sure what would be keeping dealers f/ attempting to develop rapport w/ folks here.

I found this interesting in another news article I read:

"There is no info on how many of each version of the entire batch of 1,000 examples had been allocated to Germany. What Toyota disclosed, though, is the fact that Europe will receive 3,000 units of the Land Cruiser First Edition. It is not clear how many of those set wheels on German soil."

That tells me the 5,000 First Edition units in our press release are just for North America. I was worried that the 5,000 units were a global production number.

English translation is available. It looks like they are still checking customer's preferences. I am not sure about the 1000 LCs preordered in 30min....

If they end up being as scarce in the US and since I'm unwilling to pay a dealer mark-up, I guess I'll likely be looking at a 2nd model year or greater.

So according to wikipedia, there are over 1,200 Toyota dealers in the United States. I wonder if the allocation will be split evenly or in another way? I was suppose to be first on my dealer list, but I'm sure if the owner(s) / GMs want the FE, I'll get bumped.

I found this interesting in another news article I read:

"There is no info on how many of each version of the entire batch of 1,000 examples had been allocated to Germany. What Toyota disclosed, though, is the fact that Europe will receive 3,000 units of the Land Cruiser First Edition. It is not clear how many of those set wheels on German soil."

That tells me the 5,000 First Edition units in our press release are just for North America. I was worried that the 5,000 units were a global production number.
Everything i have seen always said 5000 to the US market.

If they end up being as scarce in the US and since I'm unwilling to pay a dealer mark-up, I guess I'll likely be looking at a 2nd model year or greater.
Right there with you. I won’t be paying any markups. I’ll wait.

Q&A from Toyota Germany website:

"Can I test drive the new Toyota Land Cruiser?​

The new Toyota Land Cruiser will not be available in stores until autumn 2024 and a prior test drive is therefore unfortunately not possible.

What advantage do I have if I register on the waiting list?​

Once the number of possible reservations has been reached, you can preserve your chance of receiving one of the copies that will be released again by entering our waiting list. A jury from Toyota Deutschland GmbH awards these vehicles to people on the waiting list, for example after previously canceled online reservations, and informs them about this purchase option by email."

Back