First Look At 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser | First Edition | Overland Expo!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 8, 2023

First look at the First Edition Toyota Land Cruiser! In depth look at all-things Land Cruiser with special guest and Toyota rep Andrew. In this video we chat price, powertrain, chassis, heritage, design and so much more...

It's impressive that it will be equipped with Rigid fog lights, offering a toggle feature between amber and white.

land-cruiser-rigid-fog-lights.png

1693226246979.png
1693226195076.png

I went to the Overland Expo on Friday up in Loveland. I knew that the GX550 was going to be there but I was pleasantly surprised to see the new Tacoma and a First Edition Land Cruiser. The GX you could climb into and it was mentioned that the model displayed is like 95% true to what will be produced next year whereas the Land Cruiser and Tacoma may still have some tweaks to work out.

Having owned a 2015 GX 460, the new GX550 is a completely new vehicle on the inside. A much needed update to the dash layout has somewhat removed the traditional feel of the older generations. Exterior appearance on this model (Over Trail) takes away the glitz and chrome ascents that prevented me from falling in love with my old GX. A vast improvement.

However....the First Edition LC is just so sexy from the front view. Its' minimalist approach on removing all body side clutter along with the rear view mirrors reminds me of my beloved 2007 FJ Cruiser. Although I didn't hate the color it would not be my favorite. I did like the light gray roof which in my opinion softens the stark difference that a white roof may bring. LOTS of room in the back. The looks, rich history of the nameplate and legendary durability make this new platform a hit. You can very easily see after looking at the ARB tent what just a front and rear bumper can elevate the appearance to be killer.

My takeaways were this. So much of my decision will come down to the drive train of the LC. I have no uneasiness about the drivetrain in the GX. It should be equal if not better than the 4.6 that is leaving. The 4 cylinder scares me.

• Admin
View attachment 332View attachment 331

I went to the Overland Expo on Friday up in Loveland. I knew that the GX550 was going to be there but I was pleasantly surprised to see the new Tacoma and a First Edition Land Cruiser. The GX you could climb into and it was mentioned that the model displayed is like 95% true to what will be produced next year whereas the Land Cruiser and Tacoma may still have some tweaks to work out.

Having owned a 2015 GX 460, the new GX550 is a completely new vehicle on the inside. A much needed update to the dash layout has somewhat removed the traditional feel of the older generations. Exterior appearance on this model (Over Trail) takes away the glitz and chrome ascents that prevented me from falling in love with my old GX. A vast improvement.

However....the First Edition LC is just so sexy from the front view. Its' minimalist approach on removing all body side clutter along with the rear view mirrors reminds me of my beloved 2007 FJ Cruiser. Although I didn't hate the color it would not be my favorite. I did like the light gray roof which in my opinion softens the stark difference that a white roof may bring. LOTS of room in the back. The looks, rich history of the nameplate and legendary durability make this new platform a hit. You can very easily see after looking at the ARB tent what just a front and rear bumper can elevate the appearance to be killer.

My takeaways were this. So much of my decision will come down to the drive train of the LC. I have no uneasiness about the drivetrain in the GX. It should be equal if not better than the 4.6 that is leaving. The 4 cylinder scares me.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and photos from the event! Between the new Land Cruiser and the GX 550, I think it comes down to how it's going to be used. If you want luxury, third-row seating, and a more powerful engine, then the GX 550 is your answer. If you are trying to get a great vehicle at a great price and also have the ability to turn it into an off-road monster, then I think the Land Cruiser is a good choice.

Who makes the roof rack. I want to buy one for my future Land Cruiser First Edition.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230903_081635_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230903_081635_YouTube.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 50
I would be thrilled if it only cost that much, even with a 10k markup

Back