First edition - purchase order in hand

cj7

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Mar 24, 2024
norfolk
Vehicles
1983 cj7- limited
Just got a purchase order for 2024 first Edition- delivery in May- black on black. Out the door with all sales tax $90,000. The dealer markup was $5k. Anyone else having better deals?

Just got a purchase order for 2024 first Edition- delivery in May- black on black. Out the door with all sales tax $90,000. The dealer markup was $5k. Anyone else having better deals?
I don't think anyone has a 24 LC yet, or they are being mum. Toyota having trouble getting piggies to market.

Deal and markup is a contradiction in terms. Never will I ever pay markup. Just as well to burn your money on the way, never getting a cent of that back.Nothing and I mean nothing is worth paying more than MSRP on a declining item 5 mins after I plant my butt into it.

If I manage to buy mine, it'll be at MSRP because I made a deposit last August, and if that happens, that'll be the best deal at the current market and that beats your 5k over MSRP. But if you just decided to buy Land Cruiser and put down a deposit recently, I think $5k over isn't too bad because you're skipping over hundreds of people already waiting in line for MSRP deals

Itโ€™s all relative when youโ€™re talking value and scarcity. Congrats on getting a FE (few will)! Some people may land one at MSRP, but youโ€™ll still be one of the few FEs out on the road. If youโ€™re happy to pay a little extra for that, then you got a good deal. Now itโ€™s just the waiting game!

Something is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. No more, no less. A good deal is one that the buyer is happy with, whatever the price is.

I donโ€™t know how you could have a true allocation for may , what you have is a buyers agreement to purchase a first edition for 90,000 if and when they get one .
Usually the allocation comes out for the dealer and it is already on the ground before the dealer knows
That is my understanding

Anything at TSRP , Toyota company knows, already has a good profit in it for a dealer. For people on a budget, wait means savings. I can't afford double profit of dealers.

If I manage to buy mine, it'll be at MSRP because I made a deposit last August, and if that happens, that'll be the best deal at the current market and that beats your 5k over MSRP. But if you just decided to buy Land Cruiser and put down a deposit recently, I think $5k over isn't too bad because you're skipping over hundreds of people already waiting in line for MSRP deals
Sorry, Just because you put a deposit down doesn't mean squat unless you have a signed contract/order. I put down a non-refundable 1K deposit and a promise "the final price will be TSRP, when I was notified that it was being built, they also notified me the price would be marked up 10K over TSRP, if I didn't want it, they would refund my previously "non-refundable" deposit. Long story shorter..... until you actually sign on the dotted line and take possession, Dealers can do whatever they want.

Mine is FE Black on Black and should get here in June.

Sorry, Just because you put a deposit down doesn't mean squat unless you have a signed contract/order. I put down a non-refundable 1K deposit and a promise "the final price will be TSRP, when I was notified that it was being built, they also notified me the price would be marked up 10K over TSRP, if I didn't want it, they would refund my previously "non-refundable" deposit. Long story shorter..... until you actually sign on the dotted line and take possession, Dealers can do whatever they want.

Anything at TSRP , Toyota company knows, already has a good profit in it for a dealer. For people on a budget, wait means savings. I can't afford double profit of dealers.
It is amazing that some will say please take my money as I have no need for it but to hand over to your greedy profits. Legal but no ethical standards.

I know, and that's why I wrote "if I buy", there's a chance that they would give me a surprise when the car shows up and they wouldn't budge on the mark up. And if that's the case, I'd reject that and get my deposit refunded.
Luckily, I've bought a dozen cars from that dealership and never had that happened to me, so I'm 99% that'll be the case with the FE, fingers crossed.

This is true. You can save a lot when you buy a car if you are patient and open minded. I never paid the MSRP. Wait for the deals. Unfortunately this is kind of mission impossible with Honda and Toyota.:oops:

I have received 2 LC from 2 different dealers. Both at MSRP with one being black and other being trail bust. Wife wants trail bust or heritage blue. Both build on March 21 and should be here in
Late April or early May.

I know, and that's why I wrote "if I buy", there's a chance that they would give me a surprise when the car shows up and they wouldn't budge on the mark up. And if that's the case, I'd reject that and get my deposit refunded.
Luckily, I've bought a dozen cars from that dealership and never had that happened to me, so I'm 99% that'll be the case with the FE, fingers crossed.
Man I hope so! I did manage to talk them down a little bit and it's supposed to get here 3 week of April.

Man I hope so! I did manage to talk them down a little bit and it's supposed to get here 3 week of April.
really? Alabama getting allocation now? From the tracking spreadsheet the entire gulf state region still not showing any

Back