4Runner to Land Cruiser 250

TheBat

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Mar 25, 2024
Canada
Vehicles
4Runner GR86
I have owned a 2010 4Runner Trail Edition since new. 195,000km best vehicle I've ever owned. Was waiting and waiting and waiting for the next gen 4Runner until last summer when the LC250 was announced. Put a deposit down right away since it seemed like a great fit for what I want.

Depending on what gets revealed next week for the new 4Runner it is still possible that I reconsider but now that the LC250's are being built and shipping I am most likely to stay the course rather than start over on another waiting game.

I'm from Winnipeg and the family motor pool also includes my 2022 GR86 for a different kind of fun.

Reactions: MJE
Hello TheBat. Welcome to the forum! I too am anxious for the new 4Runner announcement. Will it still be made in Japan? That is my key question. I don't think there is much question it will have the same drivetrain as the Tacoma, probably a part-time 4WD to keep the cost down.

I'm expecting the next 4Runner to follow the Tacoma in many ways including powertrains. My guess is they keep the part-time 4WD which I think is a very good system anyway.

Last edited:
I'm waiting on what the back seat in the 4Runner is like. If it's any smaller than the current one (or as small as the Taco's...Yeesh), or if they do something really dumb like not put HVAC vents back there looking at you Bronco...I'm out. I'm pretty on board the LC train right now lol

I'm expecting the next 4Runner to follow the Tacoma in many ways including powertrains. My guess is they keep the part-time 4WD which I think it's a very good system anyway.
I live in ice/snow country, so have to have the full-time 4WD. Probably will be in a high trim level, as in the Tacoma Limited.

I live in ice/snow country, so have to have the full-time 4WD. Probably will be in a high trim level, as in the Tacoma Limited.
Bingo. I'm looking into the same trim for the same reason. Would be fun if the '25 Limited 4Runner gets the adaptive variable suspension as an option like the '24 Tacoma Limited.

In the current generation 4Runner my favorite trim is the TRD Off Road which is the same as my 2010 Trail Edition. The Limited is more of a freeway flier than an off roader. The TRD Pro is great but not great value for the high price. Both seem good at what they target but neither is for me.

Back