2400W Power Inverter

Vault

📛 Founding Member
Feb 1, 2024
Washington, DC
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator, Mazda CX-50, Mazda Miata NC
Toyota advertises that the iForceMax system comes with a 2400W 120V power inverter. Traditional gas versions of their vehicles (to include the V6 GX550) only include a 400W inverter. Obviously the 400W inverter requires the vehicle to be running and acting as a gas-powered generator. I have no experience with hybrid setups, but I understand that the LC will sport a 1.87-kWh NiMH Battery. Any idea if this will allow the inverter to function with the vehicle powered off? I'm trying to wrap my head around how I can implement this into my off-grid camping setup and if it's any replacement for a Jackery-type system (I'm expecting a resounding NO).

My understanding is that the vehicle will need to be on, but the engine will start and stop automatically to top up the battery as needed.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe a good way of doing would be to use a small power station in conjunction with the battery so that you don't need to leave the vehicle on all the time.

very interested to see how this functions as well!

I was thinking the same thing, maybe a good way of doing would be to use a small power station in conjunction with the battery so that you don't need to leave the vehicle on all the time.
Reading through some Tundra and Tacoma forums, this appears to be the consensus.

My thought is a 1000-2000w Jackery or Goal Zero battery bank plugged into the LC inverter for fast charging (under 4 hours). Idea would be for constant battery to run a fridge, string lights etc.

Open to opinions though -

Goal Zero bundle -

Last edited:
Thanks for linking to that! I've been wondering how this powerful inverter would work. It sounds like it senses the voltage load and hybrid battery needs and handles the on and off of the engine for you. In other words, you don't have to manually get in and start the the engine yourself to keep the battery topped off! Genius!

So with the engine cycle feature, wondering how it would work running power to my garage panel for outages - to keep the fridge and a few lights on. I have a 2800w gas generator now but the 2400w inverter coupled with the 1.8kw battery should be plenty to cycle when the power is out?

Suppose you could also couple this with a 1000-2000w Goal Zero or Jackery to plus up the on board battery.

Looking forward to testing it out

I'm guessing (hoping) that it''s like the Ford PowerBoost as far as 'generator' mode goes. That is 7.2kW, but around the same size battery I think.
The LC should be roughly equivalent to one 20A outlet (20A * 120V = 2400w). Should be great for camping, useful for 120V tools or appliances, but not 'whole house' backup.

I'm guessing (hoping) that it''s like the Ford PowerBoost as far as 'generator' mode goes. That is 7.2kW, but around the same size battery I think.
The LC should be roughly equivalent to one 20A outlet (20A * 120V = 2400w). Should be great for camping, useful for 120V tools or appliances, but not 'whole house' backup.
Yep, just thinking maybe the fridge and a lamp or two which is all we’re using the generator for now. Good stuff!

Back