2024 Toyota Land Cruiser 1958 - POVERTY Spec At It's BEST

Another beauty in black. Even though maintenance is a nightmare, I still love black. And once I discovered Meteor Shower is actually beige, it left black as the only way to go!

And, yet, the wheels on the 1958 LC still look better than the top-of-the-line Luxury+ GX550!
I think the 1958 wheels look more luxurious than the simplistic utilitarian style of the Land Cruiser grade. And theyโ€™re 18s, which is preferred for me.

I really hope Toyota brings one of these Land Cruisers to the Dallas auto show in a couple of weeks!
I'm not gonna hold my breath for it in OKC around the first of March either.

But I'm hoping it's like a tour of auto shows and they have the same cars at all of them lol

I have to just say no to black but yes to 1958! Owning two black cars currently...I'm ready to move on.

For some reason in that video...in black the rear hatch reminded me of a Dodge Nitro. LOL

Attachments

• 2024-02-09_10h59_45.png
    2024-02-09_10h59_45.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
That black is ultra black and I like it!
I like the black, particularly on this LC. But, I also find myself wondering whether I could go off the beaten path with a two-tone Trail Dust or Heritage Blue. If the LC were offered in a two-tone Solar Octane, that would be electric.

Hi JimiPro,
Thank you for a very open and informative video. Video convinced me that 1958 is the best. Simplicity is a blessing, and 1958 is full of blessings. Sorry Lexus, this video moved me away from 550.

@FarooqMCSE
You're welcome. I like the 1958 also. I wish they had a 1958 premium package with a Moonroof and 360 camera. These two items will make me step up to the Land Cruiser grade. I was also all in for the GX550 until I saw the Land Cruiser when I saw them both in person last August. Game over for the Lexus for me.

@FarooqMCSE
You're welcome. I like the 1958 also. I wish they had a 1958 premium package with a Moonroof and 360 camera. These two items will make me step up to the Land Cruiser grade. I was also all in for the GX550 until I saw the Land Cruiser when I saw them both in person last August. Game over for the Lexus for me.
Concur, wish the 1958 had a moon roof option. I too have been all in on the GX550 and have had a deposit since Oct 2022 (overtrail +)...now with the delay of the GX the LC grade is becoming more appealing and can possible save $15K. What was it that resulted in "game over" for the GX for you ? thanks in advance on any commentary.

Back