2024+ Land Cruiser Underground Photo Thread

Opaque is a good way of putting it. Those paints make me feel uneasy for some reason and I can’t put my finger on it.
I think we're just so used to metallics the opaque trend is hard to jump on for fear they fall out of popularity. As far as upkeep and scratches the metallics have a clear advantage you just can't get around. I'm stuck on the fence myself. Some days my area 51 Bronco looks the business and some days not so much. My wife pulled out yesterday as I was plowing snow on a dark overcast stormy day and it looked incredibly good. The opaque's are very different in varying light conditions. Interestingly the new LC has 5 opague and only two metallic color offerings. This is the most of any manufacturer I'm aware of.

I think we're just so used to metallics the opaque trend is hard to jump on for fear they fall out of popularity. As far as upkeep and scratches the metallics have a clear advantage you just can't get around. I'm stuck on the fence myself. Some days my area 51 Bronco looks the business and some days not so much. My wife pulled out yesterday as I was plowing snow on a dark overcast stormy day and it looked incredibly good. The opaque's are very different in varying light conditions. Interestingly the new LC has 5 opague and only two metallic color offerings. This is the most of any manufacturer I'm aware of.
Which are the metallics?

Seems it would be difficult to see on the highway with our dark, Montana skys. Maybe why white is so popular. No black for me.

Nice Color!!! But what is happening to the fog light. Don't tell me they are not giving fog light to the LC trim.
Being a "prototype" vehicle I wouldn't worry to much. Can't imagine all trims won't have them. Wouldn't be surprised if they're made by Rigid Industries like on the TRD Pro Tacoma...

Which are the metallics?
Meteor Shower and Wind Chil Pearl. Underground, Black, Trail Dust, Heritage Blue, Ice Cap? all Opaque. It's possible Ice Cap is Metallic. Won't know for sure until we see it. Not likely given they already a metallic in WCP.

Being a "prototype" vehicle I wouldn't worry to much. Can't imagine all trims won't have them. Wouldn't be surprised if they're made Rigid Industries like on the TRD Pro Tacoma...
Toyota and Lexus are not so generous on the fog light, especially on some lower trim. And so far there is no any official specs come out, that is why I worried about. And I really wish it can provide sound proof wind shield and sound proof front window. In the name of Land Cruiser at least.

Meteor Shower and Wind Chil Pearl. Underground, Black, Trail Dust, Heritage Blue, Ice Cap? all Opaque. It's possible Ice Cap is Metallic. Won't know for sure until we see it. Not likely given they already a metallic in WCP.
damn i wish the trail dust had some glossy/semi metallic nature to it...

damn i wish the trail dust had some glossy/semi metallic nature to it...
All Toyota LC's and 99.9% of all production vehicles are a gloss finish. Gloss referes to the "sheen" and not the color itself... Sorry, I design and work with colors for a living so I'm a stickler for the details. I get what you mean on the "opaque" non metallic look though. It's not for everyone.

All Toyota LC's and 99.9% of all production vehicles are a gloss finish. Gloss referes to the "sheen" and not the color itself... Sorry, I design and work with colors for a living so I'm a stickler for the details. I get what you mean on the "opaque" non metallic look though. It's not for everyone.
thanks for the clarification and information. I like the hue of trail dust, but Im so sick of these opaque colors showing "scratches" and lines from car washes. Had a metallic painted car 2004 jeep liberty in a cactus green metallic and never showed anything

Im not sure how the allocation will work in USA, but here in Canada, if we actually want an LC250, i) have to be lucky ii) be open to colours. k I chose this colour over black. those were the two options one dealership gave me that was open in their ordering software. overall im on list at 2 dealerships and they said the allocations will be random colours and trims
USA dealer list: At least with mine, I put 3 colors on my list of choices. Less colors, means you might need to wait longer for your turn (same with trim).

thanks for the clarification and information. I like the hue of trail dust, but Im so sick of these opaque colors showing "scratches" and lines from car washes. Had a metallic painted car 2004 jeep liberty in a cactus green metallic and never showed anything
Agreed. I might go for underground based on how rarely it’ll be subject to heavy use. I’ll likely go for whatever shows up first between Meteor Shower and Underground.

I think the Meteor is metalic? At least it reflects different light spectrum based on the angle of light. The Ice cap should be questionable, posted a picture from the website for review (2024 Toyota 4Runner Photo Gallery | Toyota.com).

1705699290275.png

Nice Color!!! But what is happening to the fog light. Don't tell me they are not giving fog light to the LC trim.
Nice catch. I'll go along with the prototype theory that others have mentioned.

Great video of multiple colors!

There’s a new Tundra TRD Pro green color in the background at the car show that might be good on the LC with a grey roof. I don’t know, maybe it’s too bright on second thought.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back