2024 Land Cruiser info from Switzerland

JIMIPRO

📛 Founding Member
Dec 11, 2023
Monument, Colorado
Vehicles
2007 4Runner V8, 1967 Dodge R/T, 1971 Honda 750 K1
I stumbled across this yesterday. If you scroll 3/4 down it has color options and a 360+ viewer, which you can expand. It's from Switzerland so no 1958 version and other differences. Something to keep us occupied for now. I wish we would get the Panoramic Moonroof.

2025 Land Cruiser 2024 Land Cruiser info from Germany LAND CRUISER GERMANY.JPG

Last edited:
The premium option comes with a moonroof? Is that what you are looking for?

1704642855058.png

Thanks @jnsplace. I know the Premium Pkg has a Moonroof but I like the Dual Pane Moonroof on the European models that's not available here.

I'm not sure we know exactly what the US version looks like. I did a google search and found that a Toyota dealer in PA states panoramic sunroof. So it's entirely possible?! Whereas another website in West Virginia that states only the Camry will have it. <shrugs>

I think it would be amazing to have one like pictured too! Great find!

I stumbled across this yesterday. If you scroll 3/4 down it has color options and a 360+ viewer, which you can expand. It's from Switzerland so no 1958 version and other differences. Something to keep us occupied for now. I wish we would get the Panoramic Moonroof.

Nice find! It looks great with the panoramic roof.

It is odd that option won't be available here in the US. However, the luxury plus version of the GX550 is the only one that gets the Panoramic roof.

lexus-gx550-roof-options.png

Nice find! It looks great with the panoramic roof.

It is odd that option won't be available here in the US. However, the luxury plus version of the GX550 is the only one that gets the Panoramic roof.

View attachment 674

That's true but the GX550 has a one piece non-opening Electrochromic roof. It is a pretty cool feature but I would would want one where the front opens to the outdoors.

LEXUS GX ELECTROCHROMIC MOONROOF.JPG

Hello! Can someone please enlighten me! I'm seeing different offroad console bottons setups. Why is that?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-20 at 14.22.20.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-20 at 14.22.20.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 66
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-01-20 at 12.53.37.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-20 at 12.53.37.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 69
Hello! Can someone please enlighten me! I'm seeing different offroad console bottons setups. Why is that?
Just to add to the mix, here is a third set-up. The one I'm adding was shown at the reveal in Utah. The one on the right is the one I've seen in European models. Not sure about the one on the left. Maybe they changed the SDM with Sway Bar disconnect so it's easier to understand?

LAND CRUISER INTERIOR CONTROLS.JPG

Just to add to the mix, here is a third set-up. The one I'm adding was shown at the reveal in Utah. The one on the right is the one I've seen in European models. Not sure about the one on the left. Maybe they changed the SDM with Sway Bar disconnect so it's easier to understand?

View attachment 739
Thank You for your answer. Apart from choosing the graphic representation of the buttons, it looks like europeans won't get the posibility of engaging low range without locking central diff. (Useful in tight turns or towing). And from that stantdpoint, there are 2 total different cars!
Thank You one again!
Cheers!

Last edited:
Thank You for your answer. Apart from choosing the graphic representation of the buttons, it looks like europeans won't get the posibility of engaging low range without locking central diff. (Useful in tight turns or towing). And from that stantdpoint, there are 2 total different cars!
Thank You one again!
Cheers!
This is interesting.... Do you know other off-roaders with permanent AWD where you can connect Low Gear without locking the center differential ?

My 2007 4Runner V8 has Full Time 4WD with a low range and a separate button to lock the system. I believe the Lexus GX470 from the same years, 2003-2009, has it also. Not sure of any others. Locking the center diff does make a noticeable difference especially in the snow. Current 5th Gen 4Runner Limiteds have Full Time plus 4H Lock and 4L Lock so it automatically locks in 4L.

I did not know about that. But probably there are situations when you need to do it.

View attachment 739

Not sure if this is cleared up , here is my understanding
In terms of lockers and high/low speed,
4 high center unlocked
4 high center locked
4 low center locked
4 low center locked, rear locked
1707244819735.png

H4L i think is just 4 High locked and L4L is 4 low locked. which is similar with H4/L4 with the center locker button pushed.

I think you are right. Too bad european version can't go 4 low unlocked!
I didn't even thought of that, yea it seems the ones with a dedicated center locker button will be able to do 4Lo without center locker being locked. which is a great option to have when offroad in tight space to avoid binding therefore increased turning radius.

Back