What are your thoughts on The new Armada Pro-4X (Patrol)

Worth a look, especially since procuring the LC of my choice is becoming an exercise in frustration. One big concern with the Armada would be depreciation, as it is historically terrible in this regard. A technical shopper, would need to know drivetrain details, such as lockable center differential, and if, by what method? Torsen center differentials are bulletproof. Would never spring for a clutch-type mechanism. Locking rear differential? Only direct injection, not dual?

Last edited:
Worth a look, especially since procuring the LC of my choice is becoming an exercise in frustration. One big concern with the Armada would be depreciation, as it is historically terrible in this regard. A technical shopper, would need to know drivetrain details, such as lockable center differential, and if, by what method? Torsen center differentials are bulletproof. Would never spring for a clutch-type mechanism. Locking rear differential? Only direct injection, not dual?
What LC are you looking for? I see a bunch of them at the stores down here in Florida.

Yes it is a long way. I am a rep with four Toyota stores in Florida I will keep an eye out. They will usually ship anywhere. I think I have only seen one with the Java and it might have been black or a white one.

Yes it is a long way. I am a rep with four Toyota stores in Florida I will keep an eye out. They will usually ship anywhere. I think I have only seen one with the Java and it might have been black or a white one.
Thanks! The Java interior may be the holdup. Will hang tight with my local dealer. Bedsides, here the off-roading season is rapidly evaporating. May have to hold off until Spring, and a 2025. Would love to see an upscale trim drop into the place of the FE. I really would like power running boards as is available on the GX.

LC/LC/Premium, Meteor Shower/Java. However, Florida is a LONG way from Idaho! :(

Have you checked with the dealers in the Boise area or are you trying to hold out to support your local dealership?

When I got mine in early July they said they had already cleared the waitlist (except for me, apparently I was also picky). Toyota allocated based on 4Runner sales, which I guess led to our dealers getting the biggest allocations in the north west.

Edit - i realize i'm way off topic! let me fix that real quick... I think the new Armada seems cool on paper, but I don't love the look of it a little big and blobby for me, but I wouldn't mind that 3rd row. I'll bet it gets better gas mileage and range too ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Have you checked with the dealers in the Boise area or are you trying to hold out to support your local dealership?

When I got mine in early July they said they had already cleared the waitlist (except for me, apparently I was also picky). Toyota allocated based on 4Runner sales, which I guess led to our dealers getting the biggest allocations in the north west.
Not in Boise, but I keep a watch on Idaho Falls and Pocatello. However, yes, would like to support our local dealer, from which we/family have purchased several vehicles.

I'm not into all the orange branding. Really like the looks of the Platinum version though. I like that they kept the two speed transfer case, which the Infiniti lacks.

Try Mountain States toyota in Denver - they have good deals but I'm guessing good deals are coming for everyone soon.

They donโ€™t have shit.

Iโ€™ve spoken to them in person. They show a bunch of inventory to gain email and phone traffic.

They donโ€™t have shit.

Iโ€™ve spoken to them in person. They show a bunch of inventory to gain email and phone traffic.
Thanks! No surprise, as we have a dealer 90 miles down the road which does the same. Our local dealer, however small, is literally within walking distance, so will stick with them.

LC/LC/Premium, Meteor Shower/Java. However, Florida is a LONG way from Idaho! :(
That was my preferred config. I settled for underground/java. I really like the brown interior. I also appreciate that underground is an non-metallic. Underground, sand and possibly white are the colors that are arguably best for vehicles that will get pin stripping and other minor abuses.

Back