What are these panel stickers on my rear door? Does anyone else have these?

rusty_sandwedge

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 9, 2024
Media
DFW - Texas
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruider 1958
What are these panel stickers on my rear door? I'm not sure if its some form of protection the dealer installed or if its some protection from the factory/shipping that is meant to be removed. Does anyone else have this? I don't feel like it ads much protection and the edge just collects dirt.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 151
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 127
What are these panel stickers on my rear door? I'm not sure if its some form of protection the dealer installed or if its some protection from the factory/shipping that is meant to be removed. Does anyone else have this? I don't feel like it ads much protection and the edge just collects dirt.
Itโ€™s like a PPF to protect against rock chips

Cheap, port installed PPF which will yellow over the years. This in an area that will get chipped up from the front tires kicking up road debris, rocks, etc. If you want more protection, you can check out something like Xpel. I've have a couple of cars with Xpel installed, one is full coverage and the other is about 65%. It really depends on how much you want to spend and how OCD you are about protecting the paint.

Cheap, port installed PPF which will yellow over the years. This in an area that will get chipped up from the front tires kicking up road debris, rocks, etc. If you want more protection, you can check out something like Xpel. I've have a couple of cars with Xpel installed, one is full coverage and the other is about 65%. It really depends on how much you want to spend and how OCD you are about protecting the paint.
Why is it described as "Cheap, port installed PPF"? Is it substantially sub-par compared to other PPF? Have had this protection on several vehicles, such as our 2005 4Runner, in the same spot, and it never yellowed or peeled.

Why is it described as "Cheap, port installed PPF"? Is it substantially sub-par compared to other PPF? Have had this protection on several vehicles, such as our 2005 4Runner, in the same spot, and it never yellowed or peeled.
Just my experience on a couple of white vehicles I've had. The last one was garaged, so no excessive sun light and by year 2 it was yellowed and was very noticeable even at a distance. I had Xpel installed, 3 years later, no yellowing at all.

Last edited:
My Taco has had it for 4 years now, auto car wash at least once a week, still doing it's job. Now I'll admit dirt has gotten dirt under the edge a tiny bit, but not to the point I want to peel it off and replace it.

IMO some protection is 100% better than no protection. But ya gotta do, what ya gotta do.

Last edited:
My Taco has had it for 4 years now, auto car wash at least once a week, still doing it's job. Now I'll admit dirt has gotten under the edge a tiny bit, but not to the point I want to peel it off and replace it.

IMO some protection is 100% better than no protection. But ya gotta do, what ya gotta do.
I agree, not suggesting OP should just rip it off. Something is better than nothing.

Thanks. Iโ€™m thinking of taking it off. Just got a car wash it still has a collection of dirt around the perimeter. I actually began to peel of a part of it because I thought it was protective film for factory and shipping and now it just looks bad.

Back