Transmission Cooler?

Nuke

Staff member
📛 Founding Member
Jul 26, 2023
Media
Rexburg, ID
There has been discussion on the Tacoma forum re the transmission cooler was recently eliminated, and overheating on the latest generation. As they are virtually the same drive train, can one of you lucky new LC owners confirm if there is a transmission cooler? Sure hope Toyota is not cutting corners on the LC!

There has been discussion on the Tacoma forum re the transmission cooler was recently eliminated, and overheating on the latest generation. As they are virtually the same drive train, can one of you lucky new LC owners confirm if there is a transmission cooler? Sure hope Toyota is not cutting corners on the LC!

car care nut - 22:05 minute mark

I’m not being easy on mine. Proper maintenance but not being easy on it. And I always have the oil and trans temp display on. Nothing at all for me

Thanks GasStationArt08. At least we know there is some variant of transmission cooling, but not if an external small heat exchanger, or internally within the radiator. Either way, a heck of a lot better than none.

Maybe give this a watch too Nuke. Decent video. 4 runner obviously same as Tacoma drivetrain

Back