Trade-In Values for Other Toyota Products

Esquire

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Apr 27, 2024
Media
Omaha, NE
Vehicles
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Black / Redwood; 2016 Porsche 911 - 991.1 Carrera Base - Black / Black
I presume a lot of us have and will be trading in other Toyota products for the LC.

Generally speaking, how have the numbers offered on trade been for other Toyota products?

I have a '22 4R Limited w/10k miles I'll be trading in and determining where I'd like to be on trade.

I'm sure the average dealer will try to lowball you, some worse than others. Do your homework, look up the value online, and go armed ready to do battle. Give no quarter.

20 TRD Sport DCLB with 62k miles. I got $29.5k. Came in a little higher than carvana or carfax so I was fine with it.

Dealer sold it in less than 48 hours for $35k. Sticker 4 years ago was $37k.

I was interested in trading in my 2014 Subaru, they lowballed at about 50% of what I eventually sold it for in a private sale a few days later.

I asked my dealer if my 2010 4Runner was too old for them to be interested in and asked them to give me a number. They offered 70% of what the Canadian Black Book trade in estimator on their website quoted. I sold it the same day for 90% above the trade in to a guy walking down the street without even putting up a for sale sign.

Black Book: $14,500
Trade in: $10,000
Guy on the street: $19,000

I'd have considered 14.5 but not 10. Could possibly have got more if I put any effort into the sale ๐Ÿคฃ

Back