Toyota Assembly Engineer discusses LC production from Tahara and Hamura plants

However, note he has not been able to tour the Hamura/Hino plant. It probably does great work, but not the modern plant as Tahara. Honestly, not a big concern with me, but still hoping we receive a Tahara built LC.

My 4Runner was built at Tahara and was the best vehicle I've ever owned! So naturally I was also wanting my 1958 to be from there. It wasn't, I'm not losing any sleep over it 😎

My 4Runner was built at Tahara and was the best vehicle I've ever owned! So naturally I was also wanting my 1958 to be from there. It wasn't, I'm not losing any sleep over it 😎
As was our 2005 4Runner Limited. Not a single issue. I believe many Lexus products are built at Tahara. The Hamura plant builds, or built, Hino trucks for the international market, but they never came to the U.S. to my knowledge.

Someone who inspects vehicles coming from both plants mentioned on a little while ago that they noticed Land Cruisers coming from Hamura appeared to have more uniform panel gaps than those coming from Tahara. i thought that was an interested data point. Kind of makes sense if Hino/Hamura is assembling more Land Cruisers than the Tahara plant rather than switching back and forth between more models at Tahara. I don't think people need to worry much at all about either plant.

As was our 2005 4Runner Limited. Not a single issue. I believe many Lexus products are built at Tahara. The Hamura plant builds, or built, Hino trucks for the international market, but they never came to the U.S. to my knowledge.
Anyone know where I can get a new Tundra 3.5v6TT engine? Mine's running a little funny lately. Prefer one manufactured in San Antonio.

From @jeffd in another thread. Maybe he will chime in here as well:

"Beautiful rig. And trust me, you want it built at the Hino plant. I’ve delivery QA/QC’ed enough of these now (16-17) to see a difference in build quality and Hino units are the ones whose panels, especially the fuel filler door, all fall within spec.
I’m honestly kinda surprised at what I’m seeing from the Tahara LC units regarding panel gaps and fit. Nothing bad per se, just not the β€œabsolute spot on” I’m seeing in Hino units. But then every GX I inspect is built at Tahara and checks spot on. Bit of a head scratcher there."

"

Anyone know where I can get a new Tundra 3.5v6TT engine? Mine's running a little funny lately. Prefer one manufactured in San Antonio.
It is my understanding Toyota made the decision to replace, a full engine, not just a short block, in all the affected Tundras.

It is my understanding Toyota made the decision to replace, a full engine, not just a short block, in all the affected Tundras.
What TRD Jon said was all 3.5TTV6 engines will be replaced. Toyota has money saved up to do this. Good for their reputation.

It's worth noting that somewhere (it may even be the above video) it was said that the Hamura and Tahara teams worked on designing the manufacturing standards for the 250 together. Both factories are held to the exact same standards (per Toyota). With the way Toyota does assembly lines they're also likely essentially identical.

I don't think it makes a bit of difference which plant it was made/assembled at. I do think there's that one guy on the line who makes the difference. Like inspector 15, watch out for that guy!

Now I have no Idea if inspector 15 works for Toyota or not, but he's the guy who packed my BVD's and man were they a mess!

Back