Tires for 17"

Don

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 27, 2024
Media
Chicago
Vehicles
LC250
If I'm going to buy 18" rims, I may as well consider the 17" method bead lock.

What tires work with 17? I'm not looking to go more than 275.

Anyone buy 18" Method?

Someone just posted photos of 18" Methods with 18mm offset. It was less poke than I expected but still it was out past the mud flaps. I'm really hoping if enough people ask, Method will make some 18" bead grips with more LC appropriate offsets like they have in the 17" wheels. The 17" wheels just don't have enough clearance from the brake calipers for me (or Toyota apparently).

Not the thread I was thinking of, but here's one: ๐Ÿ› ๏ธ Member Build - Black LC

Here we go: Tire Upgrade ?

I agree that 17" is a less conservative choices. I doubt a 1/2" more tire compared to the 18" makes a real world difference, but that smaller rim does increase the chance a stone getting caught in the wheel.

But along that line of thinking does bead grip matter if not airing down as low as possible. My idea of airing down is more like 20 psi, which has very low risk of debeading.

I do not like the increased risk of wheel damage on a 20" rim off road.

But along that line of thinking does bead grip matter if not airing down as low as possible. My idea of airing down is more like 20 psi, which has very low risk of debeading.
Probably not? But Iโ€™d buy it if it was an option, I hear good thing about it.

I found that Method does sell 18" for LC. It's just a matter of selecting All Wheels after setting the vehicle type to LC. Maybe not news, but news to me.

Back