YellowLab

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Oct 1, 2024
Media
Westlake Village, CA
Vehicles
2024 GX550 Overtrail Plus
Hello:

I'm new to the forum - just picked up a Lexus GX550 Overtrail + last week. Though not an LC - certainly related. Was a long road to get here. Originally ordered an Ineos Grenadier back in '20 - it arrived in YE 2023. However, after a survey of all the gremlins and just knowing the closest dealer was 1.5 hours from the house (in LA Traffic) I thought I'd error on the side of sanity and look at a GX. Found one I loved after an almost daily hunt with dealers (so many were $25-$40K over sticker) and finally found a reasonable dealer in Orange County.

Look forward to connecting with you - and hopefully hitting some trails!

BTW - hearing some complaints about the LC and the 'lack of meeting claimed MPG' think someone mentioned they were only getting 19. If it makes you feel better - I've driven about 250 miles since I bought the car and I'm averaging mid-13's.

Attachments

• tempImageJnnkBG.png
    tempImageJnnkBG.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 41
  • tempImageZOxPX8.png
    tempImageZOxPX8.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 32
"mid-13's", wow, on premium, and at CA fuel prices. Oh, but such a sweet machine. Welcome to the LC forum. Are you also on the GX site?

I prefer the LC in almost every way except the power train. I drove the GX550 and the V6 TT is fantastic. I'm happy to get better mileage with my LC (averaging 21.5ish combined), but it's no where near as smooth and responsive as the V6. Two other bonuses on the GX550 are the acoustic glass on the doors and the Mark Levinson sound system (if you got it!) I hate the lack of physical controls on the GX. The LC has the perfect balance of touch and physical controls. Otherwise, the two are more similar than different and I'd be happy in either :)

Welcome and thanks for being honest. My real, hand calculated MPG's are hovering in the 18's. I never expected the sticker numbers. Those are just fantasy

"mid-13's", wow, on premium, and at CA fuel prices. Oh, but such a sweet machine. Welcome to the LC forum. Are you also on the GX site?
Hello Nuke:

Thanks for the welcome! Love the GX - an incredible vehicle - more like a tank with comfortable seats. Yep - on the LexusGXforum site - some great people over there.

I prefer the LC in almost every way except the power train. I drove the GX550 and the V6 TT is fantastic. I'm happy to get better mileage with my LC (averaging 21.5ish combined), but it's no where near as smooth and responsive as the V6. Two other bonuses on the GX550 are the acoustic glass on the doors and the Mark Levinson sound system (if you got it!) I hate the lack of physical controls on the GX. The LC has the perfect balance of touch and physical controls. Otherwise, the two are more similar than different and I'd be happy in either :)
Mine came with pretty much everthing - I did do the ML stereo - like that it is neutral sound. Non-Physical controls seems to be the way of the world now. I can go either way - but do like the tactile feel of a switch. The only advantage I see is that they can update software and add features. Love the rock rails and heads-up display. The roof rack looks good - but that is about it. $1500 option you are stuck with.

Last edited:
Back