Running Boards

TJK

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 17, 2024
Media
Edwardsville
Vehicles
2024 LC Premium 2012 4Runner Limited
I am thinking removing my running boards and not replacing them with anything. Has anyone done this, are the pictures of it?

If you sell them let me know as I am interested.

I am thinking removing my running boards and not replacing them with anything. Has anyone done this, are the pictures of it?
The 1958 trim does not come with running boards, so it should be pretty easy to find pictures without them.

Removal is just a few bolts from what I understand.

The 1958 trim does not come with running boards, so it should be pretty easy to find pictures without them.

Removal is just a few bolts from what I understand.
Thanks! I completely forgot about the 1958 :oops:

What will you stand

What will you stand on?
My FJ is probably a little taller than the Land Cruiser, has no steps, and I've always just stepped up into it. So has my wife. The grab handles help I guess. Neither of us are very tall (or very young). When we looked at the Land Cruisers we both stepped right over the running board without even thinking. I guess we've just gotten used to it? I don't go rock crawling for the sake of rock crawling but on some of the off-road trails (or just really bad roads) I've driven, I'd be afraid running boards would hit something and damage the body or get ripped off. I'd rather have nothing (as I did on my first FJ) for better clearance or rock rails (on my current FJ). I'm planning to get rock rails that also serve as a step for my Land Cruiser when I finally get it because my parents and brother do complain on the rare occasions I take them somewhere in the FJ. And we're not getting any younger ourselves.

My FJ is probably a little taller than the Land Cruiser, has no steps, and I've always just stepped up into it. So has my wife. The grab handles help I guess. Neither of us are very tall (or very young). When we looked at the Land Cruisers we both stepped right over the running board without even thinking. I guess we've just gotten used to it? I don't go rock crawling for the sake of rock crawling but on some of the off-road trails (or just really bad roads) I've driven, I'd be afraid running boards would hit something and damage the body or get ripped off. I'd rather have nothing (as I did on my first FJ) for better clearance or rock rails (on my current FJ). I'm planning to get rock rails that also serve as a step for my Land Cruiser when I finally get it because my parents and brother do complain on the rare occasions I take them somewhere in the FJ. And we're not getting any younger ourselves.
I gottcha.

I just finished placing a Yakima Skybox on purchased ebay cross bars and needed the the running boards to arrange it. I understand about aging and getting about. I like having the floor boards to minimize the salt/slush that builds up on the side of the vehicle in the winter. Served us well on our 20 4Runner. I do not ride in rocks much.

Back