Registering the position of each wheel after tire rotation!

Pierac

📛 Founding Member
Jun 3, 2024
Media
Arizona
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
Never heard of such a thing.... Is this going to make oil changes with tire rotations a 2 hour job at the dealer?

Attachments

• P 1.jpg
    P 1.jpg
    705.6 KB · Views: 90
  • P 2.jpg
    P 2.jpg
    719.5 KB · Views: 69
Dealers can use techstream to manually update the tire sensor location and it takes about 15 seconds. This procedure in the manual is for owners who want to do the maintenance on their own.
Good to know... Thanks for the info!

Can you offer an example of a "Diagnostic computer"? Just want to be clear on what you mean.

Can you offer an example of a "Diagnostic computer"? Just want to be clear on what you mean.
From the page posted it looks like you don't need a tool to do this.

I use an Autel TS508 for my 4Runner and GR86 as an example.

Something like this... However.... I have a cheap (TEMU China version)... So not sure if it would be of any help...? Paid about $40 bucks... But it does check and clear codes on all my other vehicles...

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 62
I have an "Autel MaxiPRO MT900 BT" It allows me to work on many different vehicles, make adjustments, turn on/off different functions and test many components. Almost as good as Techstream but not as versatile. The hand shake with Toyotas is rather slow, but once it connects it does ok. It has a maintenance logging function that allows me to record/track any and all repairs etc..... I've had it for years and am thinking about upgrading to a newer model with more built in features like "key functions", "TPMS registration" and Hybrid functions. But for now this will do.

Kind of spendy tho'

As @EOD Guy points out full function diagnostic tools are spendy. The TS508 is just a TPMS tool and while not cheap is not bad, mine was maybe $300. I also use a Blue Driver OBD tool that is remarkably capable as a simple scan tool but doesn't do TPMS.

I use my TPMS tool for winter tire switchovers. LC will probably be able to store 2 sets of TPMS sensors and make it unnecessary.

I have an "Autel MaxiPRO MT900 BT" It allows me to work on many different vehicles, make adjustments, turn on/off different functions and test many components. Almost as good as Techstream but not as versatile. The hand shake with Toyotas is rather slow, but once it connects it does ok. It has a maintenance logging function that allows me to record/track any and all repairs etc..... I've had it for years and am thinking about upgrading to a newer model with more built in features like "key functions", "TPMS registration" and Hybrid functions. But for now this will do.

Kind of spendy tho'
How spendy? I am considering one of the ones that the Car Care Nut did some reviews on.

This is exactly why I ask. Great info that I do already have experience with but can always learn more. Thanks everyone!

Never heard of such a thing.... Is this going to make oil changes with tire rotations a 2 hour job at the dealer?
You were looking at the wrong page. See page 555. The TPM monitors will update their location automatically. The other pages that you were referencing are in case you’re TMS sensors are changed or you put new wheels on.

Attachments

• IMG_0325.jpeg
    IMG_0325.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 50
You were looking at the wrong page. See page 555. The TPM monitors will update their location automatically. The other pages that you were referencing are in case you’re TMS sensors are changed or you put new wheels on.
Yet on page 558... it says it still does? Kinda confusing to say the least.

Attachments

• P 558.jpg
    P 558.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 44
Back