Recommendations for anti-rattle hitch pins

chancellor

đź“› Founding Member
Jun 3, 2024
Media
Colorado
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Does anyone have an idea of what hitch pins will fit?

The hitch receiver on the new 2024 LC is real thick (3.5") which doesn't work with the pins for my bike rack or cargo carrier.

I have a Kuat Transfer V2 bike rack. The anti-rattle pin that came with it can just barely grab 1/4 of a turn if I leave a washer off, but it doesn't feel very secure. The cotter pin can barely clip on the other side

My Curt cargo carrier uses a bolt, but it is too short to reach

found similar ponlwm with RockyMount swing away hitch carrier. Just ordered XL hitch pin from them that should do the trick.

Sorry for lousy dictation: “problem.”

Did you end up finding a solution? I’m having the same issue and I’m not sure which bolt to get

Did you end up finding a solution? I’m having the same issue and I’m not sure which bolt to get
The pin and lock that came with my Kuat piston pro is long enough and works great. Maybe talk to Kuat and ask. You could also order a new one from etrailer.com, they have some nice locking pins with keys that can be operated with one hand.

I was using my friend’s RockyMount and had to order the XL hitch pin from them as his was too short.
I then bought a Kuat and the hitch pin is plenty long enough to use the lock/holder it came with. Good luck!

If anyone is after a locking pin this was recommended by someone on here and worked great

TowWorks 79831 Keyed Unique 5/8" Trailer Hitch Lock with Extra Long 4-1/2" Span, Double Safety Tow Hitch Locking Pin for 3" Receivers and Adjustable Channel Mounts Amazon.com

A possible fix is in the works. I've provided input for this hitch pin issue on the LC.

From a Company I've traded dollars with. Solid products and great customer service.

From one of our emails..."Planning to go live with STABLELOK Sept 10th"

PAKMULE

StableLok

Last edited:
If anyone is after a locking pin this was recommended by someone on here and worked great

TowWorks 79831 Keyed Unique 5/8" Trailer Hitch Lock with Extra Long 4-1/2" Span, Double Safety Tow Hitch Locking Pin for 3" Receivers and Adjustable Channel Mounts Amazon.com
I ordered this and happy with the price, quality and fitment. (And available on Amazon.ca)

Folks if you have a yakima rack and need a larger hitch pin heres what I got from Yakima customer service:

“Thank you for reaching out to Yakima. I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you… Toyota changed their hitch, and didn't tell us, so we had to come up with a longer bolt, Which we have. What is your address and phone number, and I can send you one.”

Folks if you have a yakima rack and need a larger hitch pin heres what I got from Yakima customer service:

“Thank you for reaching out to Yakima. I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you… Toyota changed their hitch, and didn't tell us, so we had to come up with a longer bolt, Which we have. What is your address and phone number, and I can send you one.”
Much better than what kuat told me. Basically they said you are on your own. We can’t help.

Back