Rear spoiler seems loose on my 250

Martinfj250

📛 Founding Member
Aug 3, 2024
Media
Tulsa, OK
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser, 2020 Audi S5, 2007 Porsche 911S
The back spoiler that is attached to the roof and rests on the back glass seems awfully loose. I noticed this while drying off the glass after a car wash. Anyone else notice this?

This may help
Thanks! I'm not sure if this is an engineering design or not. Maybe tightening is a bad idea. Going to talk to my local tomorrow although I doubt they know anything about it. They do have an FE on the floor so I'll go see if it is loose.

Thanks! I'm not sure if this is an engineering design or not. Maybe tightening is a bad idea. Going to talk to my local tomorrow although I doubt they know anything about it. They do have an FE on the floor so I'll go see if it is loose.
Toyota didn’t seem too concerned. The FE on the showroom floor had the same issue. I guess I can take off the liftgate door card and see if the bolts can be tightened. OR leave it alone. Things to ponder.

Question related to this, I've seen that some of the international models do not have a rear spoiler and I rather prefer the cleaner look of a slick top hatch trim, if anyone takes their spoiler off, can you take some pictures of the top hatch area to see if it could be converted to no spoiler?

I noticed the slight wiggle on the spoiler too and had time, so I popped off the cover and checked the two screws and 6 bolts. All tightened up correctly, so no issues I can see. I feel good about the way this was put together. Hope the pictures help.

IMG_2624.jpeg

IMG_2625.jpeg
IMG_2626.jpeg
IMG_2627.jpeg
IMG_2628.jpeg

Back