Rattle while braking 2.8 diesel

REMC

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Oct 8, 2024
Colombia
Vehicles
Prado 250 diesel
Hello everyone, first time here. I took delivery of my 2.8 diesel 2 weeks ago, in Colombia, no hibryd. There is a rattle when braking, just when the car is about to stop, not every time, but a lot of times; it lasts under a second but is noticeable. At first I thought it might be ABS related, or gearbox releated since you feel the downshifting, but the rpm seem to go a little low while vibration happens. Does anybody else have this issue? Any thought will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum REMC! Not a great many diesel owners on this forum, but many of us wish we had that option, including myself. In any case, hopefully a diesel owner will respond soon...

The UK contingent on here are all getting the same 2.8 l diesel but we are still waiting for our vehicles to be delivered - itโ€™s imminent

So we will all weigh in on this issue when we have our LCs to play with

Could be first deliveries this coming Friday ๐Ÿ˜€

Welcome to the forum REMC! Not a great many diesel owners on this forum, but many of us wish we had that option, including myself. In any case, hopefully a diesel owner will respond soon...
Thanks Nuke. I guess drivetrain and brakes are the same, so if nobody else has this issue, that's also a good hint.

The UK contingent on here are all getting the same 2.8 l diesel but we are still waiting for our vehicles to be delivered - itโ€™s imminent

So we will all weigh in on this issue when we have our LCs to play with

Could be first deliveries this coming Friday ๐Ÿ˜€
No hibryd? Looking forward to any updates

Back