Power Station Charging

JamMasterJ

📛 Founding Member
Jul 6, 2024
Media
NC
Has anyone attempted charging a portable power station from the inverter? I have an EcoFlow and typically would charge it from the 12v in the rear of my previous vehicle while driving. I’d keep the fridge running off of the portable battery while driving. It was enough to keep it topped off until we reach camp. Just curious if anyone is using 110v while driving to do anything like this rather than DC.

Thanks,
JB

Yes, just tested my Goal Zero Yeti 300 power bank. From a AC wall outlet in my house, I get 182 watts of input. From the Land Cruiser inverter AC outlet I get 122 watts of input. So, slower charging in the LC than at home, but decent.

I have a Bluetti AC50B and had that plugged into the back while my fridge was plugged into the 12v of the Bluettic and was able to keep the battery charged at 100% while keeping the fridge at a brisket 34 degrees.

I also have an Ecoflow (River Pro) that can charge at 500-600 watts from a house plug, and I just plugged it into the LC inverter and it charged at the same rate. I could hear a "whir" in the middle console area, where I assume the inverter might be? I assume the Ecoflow was pulling a large load from the inverter, thus the sound, but it only took about an hour to charge the Ecoflow from 0-100%, and no faults. I'll be traveling and camping next week for 10 days and I plan to run the inverter while driving, with my fridge plugged into the 12v socket of the Ecoflow during the whole trip. I expect that by driving for an hour or tow every couple days will allow the fridge to run the whole time.

Last edited:
Has anyone attempted charging a portable power station from the inverter? I have an EcoFlow and typically would charge it from the 12v in the rear of my previous vehicle while driving. I’d keep the fridge running off of the portable battery while driving. It was enough to keep it topped off until we reach camp. Just curious if anyone is using 110v while driving to do anything like this rather than DC.

Thanks,
JB
I just watched a video on this.

Reactions: LC3
Thanks for the replies. In the comments of the vid I saw someone with my same concern. It’s not a pure sine inverter. I was just curious if it would damage my portable. He didn’t go into those details. Hopefully it will not. Glad to hear several of you have had success. Thanks again for the replies.

JB

Back