Plastic trim damage from releasing seatbelt

jmqb1

📛 Founding Member
Jul 4, 2024
Media
Florida, USA
Vehicles
2024 Landcruiser, 1999 Landcruiser
I somehow just noticed the plastic trim near my seat belt buckle is pretty beat up. I believe i have been releasing the buckle and letting it whack it causing these scuffs.

Attachments

• 20241020_094407.jpg
    20241020_094407.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 49
I used the "Chemical Guy's" stuff and it covered up some pretty hefty scuffs and scratches I acquired.......

I used the "Chemical Guy's" stuff and it covered up some pretty hefty scuffs and scratches I acquired.......

Thanks I'll pick some that up and give it a shot. Like a robot even after this post I literally did it again and was like yup that's me still launching it.

Thanks I'll pick some that up and give it a shot. Like a robot even after this post I literally did it again and was like yup that's me still launching it.
You might consider putting some self-adhesive Velcro (non-hook part) as a cushion.

Duct tape is also useful to protect plastic areas subject to scuffing. I’m going to check the seatbelt area now. Thanks for the heads up!

So "THE Best" thing would be Gaffer's tape! It's like duck tape but is 50 times as strong, as it's cloth based (I think) comes in black and will stick to anything!

Back