New to lc

NoMe cruiser

📛 Founding Member
Jun 17, 2024
Media
Northern Maine
Vehicles
4runner, Highlander, Landcruiser
Hello, I just put a deposit on a land cruiser, wcp with the premium package and 20” rims. I really wanted a white one but don’t care for the 20” wheels. Anyway, I’ve been in 4 runners for 24 years owning a 3rd, 4th, and 3-5th gens. With the lc being a little smaller in size and price than previous ones, I’m switching over. Giving the 4runner to my son. I’m in northern Maine, most off roading is on logging roads or farm land. Winter roads obviously. I like to hunt and fish. I appreciate being accepted onto the forum and may have several questions in the future. I’m hoping to get into the city the end of July to get the lc. Thanks

Hello, I just put a deposit on a land cruiser, wcp with the premium package and 20” rims. I really wanted a white one but don’t care for the 20” wheels. Anyway, I’ve been in 4 runners for 24 years owning a 3rd, 4th, and 3-5th gens. With the lc being a little smaller in size and price than previous ones, I’m switching over. Giving the 4runner to my son. I’m in northern Maine, most off roading is on logging roads or farm land. Winter roads obviously. I like to hunt and fish. I appreciate being accepted onto the forum and may have several questions in the future. I’m hoping to get into the city the end of July to get the lc. Thanks
Welcome to the forum, bunch of great people on here, and all are ready to help!!

Salesman now says he can’t get that lc from another dealer. Said he has to wait for allocation. Thinking they’re giving me the runaround. Toyota making it difficult for someone to buy their new lc.

Salesman now says he can’t get that lc from another dealer. Said he has to wait for allocation. Thinking they’re giving me the runaround. Toyota making it difficult for someone to buy their new lc.
Probably being honest with you. While it is possible to get a vehicle or their allocation from another dealer, it's horse trading between dealers and probably isn't profitable for either dealer due to the low volume of vehicles available. example your dealer wants a LC and has a GR Supra, the other dealer has a LC but needs a Supra...... that trade would probably happen.

I’m aware how the allocations work. This particular salesman told me he could get it from another dealer with a $500 deposit. He sent me an invoice and quote. The charge didn’t appear on my credit card so I called him and that’s when he told me he could not get that lc. Said it would be 6-8 weeks before he is allocated one. I can wait that long, just don’t want him yanking my chain into November.

Just wait until the QC hold is released and there will be a massive flood of LC's available.

Drive and enjoy what you have in the interim and wait until this clears up.

I’m aware how the allocations work. This particular salesman told me he could get it from another dealer with a $500 deposit. He sent me an invoice and quote. The charge didn’t appear on my credit card so I called him and that’s when he told me he could not get that lc. Said it would be 6-8 weeks before he is allocated one. I can wait that long, just don’t want him yanking my chain into November.
I doubt any dealer-trading of LCs is going to happen soon. Look at the Toyota inventory page, find whom is getting what you want, and contact them and see if it’s sold yet. IMHO

Back