New Tires Already

reclinerhead

📛 Founding Member
Jul 19, 2024
Media
Michigan
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Hi, everyone, I'm happy to be a member here. Got my new LC a few days ago and have already bought new tires (Falken 275/60/20). I need to go hide my VISA card for a while. It clears my garage with about 1/4" to spare, too! I was worried the slightly taller tire might ban it from the garage forever, but the height change was miniscule.

Attachments

• 20240726_132321215_iOS.jpg
    20240726_132321215_iOS.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 449
Welcome reclinerhead! Yep, enhancements can be pricy, but as I remind the wife, spend it, as the kids are drooling over an inheritance. When we finally receive our LC, the first expenditure will be winter/ice tires/wheels.

Hi, everyone, I'm happy to be a member here. Got my new LC a few days ago and have already bought new tires (Falken 275/60/20). I need to go hide my VISA card for a while. It clears my garage with about 1/4" to spare, too! I was worried the slightly taller tire might ban it from the garage forever, but the height change was miniscule.
Looks great - Can you take a few more pics from other angles and further back - trying to visualize this setup

…. the first expenditure will be winter/ice tires/wheels.
When I lived in the Boise area, the best money I ever spent on my Subaru 3.6R Limited, was for Michelin ICE tires!

Thanks for posting this pic. I also like the look of these 20" wheels and want to put that same size tires on my LC. I was really curious of what this slightly taller tire looked like on this wheel. From the pic. it looks like the 275/60/20 tire fills the gap in the wheel well area. That is my main goal along with going with a little beefier tread. Could you post a pic of the rear tire area of your LC? Thanks much.

Here are some more photos - really liking the new tires. They seem to have a better ride than the stock dunlops (even after I lowered tired pressures from like 44 to 33). Why are the tires so overinflated from factory?

Attachments

• 20240727_114546569_iOS 1.jpg
    20240727_114546569_iOS 1.jpg
    684.2 KB · Views: 260
  • 20240727_114522388_iOS 1.jpg
    20240727_114522388_iOS 1.jpg
    821 KB · Views: 212
  • 20240727_114503583_iOS.jpg
    20240727_114503583_iOS.jpg
    797.2 KB · Views: 225
When I lived in the Boise area, the best money I ever spent on my Subaru 3.6R Limited, was for Michelin ICE tires!
I’m in Boise and I’m going to try this winter with wildpeaks on the LC. We also have a RAV4 with Blizzaks, so we’ll see which vehicle ends up making most of the Bogus runs.

(I suspect it will be the RAV4)

Here are some more photos - really liking the new tires. They seem to have a better ride than the stock dunlops (even after I lowered tired pressures from like 44 to 33). Why are the tires so overinflated from factory?
Thanks for the added pics. Perfect (y)

Due to:
"air" will leak out of tires over time.
Valve stem/TPMS sender "O" ring may not seal 100% at 33 PSI and are over inflated to have a good seal.
Beads may not seat properly at 33 PSI and are over inflated to have a good seat.
Pressure increases/decreases with elevation/temperature.
Less production time to over inflate and leave at a higher pressure than deflate to 33 PSI, which may cause problems (if they leak down) when moving to/from ship, in the port facility, rail yard, truck loading yard and at the dealer. The dealer's have a check list where it's specified to check for proper tire inflation and if yours were over inflated it's the dealer's fault.

I’m in Boise and I’m going to try this winter with wildpeaks on the LC. We also have a RAV4 with Blizzaks, so we’ll see which vehicle ends up making most of the Bogus runs.

(I suspect it will be the RAV4)
I had Michelin ICE II on my 2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R for the winter months when I lived out in Caldwell. We made many trips to Bogus and to McCall. They were absolutely awesome in snow and ice. I am sure the Blizzaks will be the best of your two tires!! I was told many years ago that Blizzaks were the go to ‘ice tire’ in Europe when they came out. I went with the Michelin ICE since they had them at Costco.

I had Michelin ICE II on my 2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R for the winter months when I lived out in Caldwell. We made many trips to Bogus and to McCall. They were absolutely awesome in snow and ice. I am sure the Blizzaks will be the best of your two tires!! I was told many years ago that Blizzaks were the go to ‘ice tire’ in Europe when they came out. I went with the Michelin ICE since they had them at Costco.
Oh yeah, the Blizzaks have been awesome. Although they seem to wear fast. We’ve been driving on them in the RAV4 for the past 4 winters and they’ve been fantastic for every condition the Bogus road throws at us (usually all of them on the same drive). Can’t miss a powder day!

Here are a few more tire photos for those interested. I just got the windows tinted so of course needed a fresh set of pics. I'm pretty pleased at how it fills up the wheel well gap a little more.

Attachments

• 20240730_173528163_iOS.jpg
    20240730_173528163_iOS.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 20240730_173411947_iOS.jpg
    20240730_173411947_iOS.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 203
Back