New LC-LC in the GJ area of Colorado

Sparky

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 16, 2024
Media
Western Slope, Colorado
Vehicles
2024 Landcruiser "Landcruiser" US-spec
I just picked up my dust (gold) 2-tone Landcruiser yesterday and now I'm trying to find wheels and tires that'll get the job done off-road without having to cut and trim the new truck.
Anyone in the area looking to swap their 18" wheels for some new 20" wheels should shoot me a message.
I do have a hoist and TPMS programming tool.
Cheers

Saw your post in the trail dust photo thread. What setup did you land on for wheels and tires?
I just picked up my dust (gold) 2-tone Landcruiser yesterday and now I'm trying to find wheels and tires that'll get the job done off-road without having to cut and trim the new truck.
Anyone in the area looking to swap their 18" wheels for some new 20" wheels should shoot me a message.
I do have a hoist and TPMS programming tool.
Cheers

Saw your post in the trail dust photo thread. What setup did you land on for wheels and tires?
I got some 17" method 703 wheels with the +35 offset and 285/70r17 Toyo Open Country AT3s in the lighter weight passenger vehicle version (not the LT ones). I did a 5 wheel/tire set so I have a matching spare and the spare fits ok.
I also did a 1" spacer leveling lift although it measured out closer to 1.5".

I'll definitely swap the leveling lift for some king or fox coilovers once they've had a bit of time on the market, but it rides great as is.

Weird. I just got told the 703s with 35mm offset were in manufacturing and not available until November, but it looks like you have them and Westcott has used them a bunch, as well. SMH.

I had to buy mine through ebay as the usual suppliers were out of stock. I wanted them in the Titanium grey, but settled for black. If you're not the sort to air your tires way down, their less expensive 316 wheels in a +25 would be very similar. They would have an extra 10mm (3/8") of poke. I had a really tough time choosing between the two options.

I really like clean designs that are easy to clean, so many of the other offroad wheels have tons of extra decorations that hold the dirt and grime.

Youโ€™ve got some fun BLM roads out there in GJ. My LCโ€™s first dirt was actually in GJ.

Attachments

• IMG_3650.jpeg
    IMG_3650.jpeg
    399.5 KB · Views: 25
Youโ€™ve got some fun BLM roads out there in GJ. My LCโ€™s first dirt was actually in GJ.

We do have a great trails and BLM access. The black LC looks good clean, but that's got to be tough to maintain. That's one color I'd probably spring for full coverage ppf on.

Back