Moving apps

tbounds02

📛 Founding Member
Nov 20, 2023
Media
Ms
Vehicles
22 tundra
Does anyone know how to much apps on display screen on apple car play? I tried moving them on my phone but it didn’t seem to move anything on the truck display

Yes you do it on the phone. Go to iPhone Settings - General - CarPlay. Then select your vehicle under “my car” and select Customize. You select what apps you want displayed and if you drag the little three lines “hamburger” on the right you can change the order.

For anyone that actually plans on doing some trail cruising and do not have a map app (google and apple maps don't count) that shows trails, private property lines and bread crumb tracks as well as off-line maps (no cell service). The OnX off-rode is really good. It doesn't require a subscription, basic isn't bad, the Elite is a lot more expensive but If you purchase items for one of their "elite partners" you can get a discount (up to 25%?)...... ie Method Wheels is a "elite partner".

Last edited:
I purchased MyRadar a while ago before they went subscription and I'm grandfathered in without a monthly. That also is compatible with Apple Carplay. I don't think it has animated maps yet but gives a static picture of radar which is kind of nice and it updates.

For anyone that actually plans on doing some trail cruising and do not have a map app (google and apple maps don't count) that shows trails, private property lines and bread crumb tracks as well as off-line maps (no cell service). The OnX off-rode is really good. It doesn't require a subscription, basic isn't bad, the Elite is a lot more expensive but If you purchase items for one of their "elite partners" you can get a discount (up to 25%?)...... ie Method Wheels is a "elite partner".
Good advice. I did run into a funny thing with Google maps. It would only show a trailhead on a forest road I was going to as a walking route, not driving. Then, when I connected to the LC, it wouldn’t show the route at all. I assume CarPlay doesn’t want you to try and drive someplace that’s walking only.

Last edited:
OnX allows you to dwld maps beforehand and should you lose cell service, you'll still have the detailed map. And as Teebo said...... it's handy as heck of seeing who owns what....... even in the neighborhood.

I purchased MyRadar a while ago before they went subscription and I'm grandfathered in without a monthly. That also is compatible with Apple Carplay. I don't think it has animated maps yet but gives a static picture of radar which is kind of nice and it updates.
MyRadar sells you driving info to insurance companies.

MyRadar sells you driving info to insurance companies.
Posted this in another thread just now:

You have to enable My Drives in order for them to sell driving data and according to MyRadar less than 1% of people have opted in. Now, it’s up to everyone to determine if they believe this. I checked my app and it was not toggled on. (Go to the long range forecast screen by pulling down and scrolling all the way to the bottom)

IMG_0083.jpeg

Then go to the gear icon in the bottom right of the main screen and click the gear. Go to privacy settings and make sure the toggle is turned on for do not sell my data to 3rd party

Last edited:
Back