Memory seat

JoT.

đź“› Founding Member
Apr 2, 2024
Media
MO
Vehicles
2018 Land Cruiser
My memory seat was working fine, and now the only thing that it recalls is the steering wheel. I have continued to try to reset it locking and unlocking the door with my key and it is not working still only the steering wheel. What kind of dumb thing am I missing here?

I have the same issue. It is programmed into position 1 (when I push one the seat advances). But just starting the car only the steering wheel moves. Hopefully you find a solution and can share it here!

Try recalibrating it. Move the seat to it's furthest down and back position, including reclining, and once it stops release and push the button in the same direction to see if it moves further. Then do the same thing for up and forward. If that doesn't make sense, Google "Toyota memory seat calibration" for a better write up. This worked for me.

Try recalibrating it. Move the seat to it's furthest down and back position, including reclining, and once it stops release and push the button in the same direction to see if it moves further. Then do the same thing for up and forward. If that doesn't make sense, Google "Toyota memory seat calibration”
I’m not gonna lie, I did actually have to Google that video to understand what you meant. And I have another Toyota that beeps the whole time which means it was never recalibrated. I appreciate you turning me onto that video. It now works after recalibration.. thank you

Try recalibrating it. Move the seat to it's furthest down and back position, including reclining, and once it stops release and push the button in the same direction to see if it moves further. Then do the same thing for up and forward. If that doesn't make sense, Google "Toyota memory seat calibration" for a better write up. This worked for me.
I tried recalibrating and I think it worked this time! Thanks! I will give it a couple of days and see if it sticks. Now just to figure out how to permanently turn off the FCTA warning.

I’m not gonna lie, I did actually have to Google that video to understand what you meant. And I have another Toyota that beeps the whole time which means it was never recalibrated. I appreciate you turning me onto that video. It now works after recalibration.. thank you
I actually didn't watch any videos and, obviously, my description sucked. If you don't mind, can you post a link to the video on this thread so that anyone else looking for the info can find it easily?

Back