Light bar

I saw one behind the grill install. And a few winch bumper inserts with a space for light bars. DV8 is working on one, search here and you’ll find pictures of their prototype.

Do you think the 4 Runner Trail Hunter Lightbar would work in the same spot?

The best ‘behind the grill’ driving lights that I ever saw, was ~50 years ago when the next door neighbor, had airplane landing lights mounted behind the grill of his Buick Riviera. He was an airport administrator at the Daytona Beach International Airport.

One time he came home late, and lit up the entire street that all of my friends and I were playing on. He would flash them at rude oncoming drivers, who refused to dim their bright lights. It only took one flash, and they behaved.

Later, I questioned him about them and he said that he could only leave them on for short period of time, or they would melt the plastic grill, while draining his battery.

Last edited:
The best ‘behind the grill driving lights that I ever saw, was ~50 years ago when the next door neighbor, had airplane landing lights mounted behind the grill of his Buick Riviera. He was an airport administrator at the Daytona Beach International Airport.

One time he came home late, and lit up the entire street that all of my friends and I were playing on. He would flash them at rude oncoming drivers, who refused to dim their bright lights. It only took one flash, and they behaved.

Later, I questioned him about them and he said that he could only leave them on for short period of time, or they would melt the plastic grill, while draining his battery.
Lol. Good thing these are LED and driving lights.

Here’s my current set up. Modified an existing 3g tundra hidden bumper bracket with a 20” S8 both sold by baja designs.

IMG_2687.jpeg

Baja Designs offers a great product, but they are expensive. I would like to swap out the OEM fog lights to Rigid amber ones, but I don't have the model number.

Back