Let's talk about this forum and our community.

OsageCowboy

đź“› Founding Member
Jul 9, 2024
Media
Austin, TX
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the community on these forums, and it seems to be a great group of people who are genuinely interested in helping each other out and trying to answer questions about their rides, mods, and exploring different ideas.

For background, I was deciding between the LC and a Tacoma Trailhunter I had on allocation, and I ultimately went with the LC because $67k is a hard price to stomach for a mid-size pickup truck.

Not to trash anyone, but I found a segment of that Tacoma online community to be really off-putting--judgmental, snarky, unhelpful, etc. I dunno if it was because the "old guard" was resentful that people were buying new trucks they could no longer afford, or what the issue was, but it was not really pleasant with some of the more vocal members. Experience kind of reminded me of the Tesla forums--I've had one of those before--and my goodness that sucked.

Anyway, I rank my time here as good as any I've had talking vehicles online--better than even the Jeep Gladiator folks--and that's a really good community. So everyone keep on, keepin' on!

</iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the community on these forums, and it seems to be a great group of people who are genuinely interested in helping each other out and trying to answer questions about their rides, mods, and exploring different ideas.

For background, I was deciding between the LC and a Tacoma Trailhunter I had on allocation, and I ultimately went with the LC because $67k is a hard price to stomach for a mid-size pickup truck.

Not to trash anyone, but I found a segment of that Tacoma online community to be really off-putting--judgmental, snarky, unhelpful, etc. I dunno if it was because the "old guard" was resentful that people were buying new trucks they could no longer afford, or what the issue was, but it was not really pleasant with some of the more vocal members. Experience kind of reminded me of the Tesla forums--I've had one of those before--and my goodness that sucked.

Anyway, I rank my time here as good as any I've had talking vehicles online--better than even the Jeep Gladiator folks--and that's a really good community. So everyone keep on, keepin' on!

Glad to have you buddy! This forum has the most genuine people i've encountered thus far in the car scene. Would definitely not recommend checking out Facebook LC Groups or Reddit r/landcruisers any time soon haha, they are exactly as you've described... Gate keeping, toxic, and generally unhelpful.

I'm glad you posted this.

I don't have my LC yet. It's been any day now for about a month. During the entire 3 months I've been waiting, this forum is where I turned to relieve the frustration of knowing nothing. I echo your comments about being a great group of people with common interests.

I be long to 2 other forums for two other makes. I won't mention which ones so as to not perpetuate stereotypes, but this one is by far the best.

When (if) I ever get my LC, I will post a pic and again express my thanks to all of you for helping me along the journey.

PS - I have already taunted my salesman (from whom I've learned nothing) with the comments on this forum about "will ours be considered 2025 models by the time we get them". He didn't get the humor in that.

PS - I have already taunted my salesman (from whom I've learned nothing) with the comments on this forum about "will ours be considered 2025 models by the time we get them". He didn't get the humor in that.
Made the same comment to our salesperson, and received the same response, i.e. basically a blank stare. If it isn't on the lot, and they cannot sell it that day, we are on the back burner for sure.

Thanks for sharing, this is a great forum and I’ve appreciated the sense of community while waiting for the LCs to arrive. Really appreciate all the insight shared here.

Side note, my dealer told me last weekend he gets more updates from me (via the forum) on the LCs than from Toyota - so thanks again and see you all on the road soon!

I couldn’t agree more! This board has been super helpful for me. I’m a newbie car guy and have gotten a lot of useful tips on maintenance and care from this group. Also a lot of non judgmental info as I’m an LC owner who mostly won’t be using the car “for its intended purpose” but use it as my daily driver, adventure vehicle (surf, mtn bike, bike), and family hauler!

Attachments

• IMG_5739.jpeg
    IMG_5739.jpeg
    396.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5702.jpeg
    IMG_5702.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5703.jpeg
    IMG_5703.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5694.jpeg
    IMG_5694.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 77
I have to agree with what a quality forum this really is. I’m on a few of them, most are quite good, but in general pickup truck forums seem to be a little more mixed of a crowd & therefore have greater potential for things to go sideways & that community spirit to not form as much. I suspect just because they do have a wider range of options to appeal to a wider audience perhaps.

So glad this forum exists after trying to make it work in the FB Group. So many trolls just there to complain about what the new LC could have been, whine about not getting the 300 series, etc.

Agreed!
Excited to learn more about our trucks, mods, etc. Good place to be with similar vehicles in discussion.
I’ve always wanted a Land Cruiser… since I’ve been a teenager and used to test drive 60 series.
Always wanted a return to form Land Cruiser. I appreciate the 200 series but it became cost prohibitive and too luxurious. I like the 250 that Toyota has brought back.

Great group of folks here.
And just look how seamlessly shwazz714 is able to haul dead bodies around in his new First Edition.

Attachments

• 1721136038447.png
    1721136038447.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 67
I couldn’t agree more! This board has been super helpful for me. I’m a newbie car guy and have gotten a lot of useful tips on maintenance and care from this group. Also a lot of non judgmental info as I’m an LC owner who mostly won’t be using the car “for its intended purpose” but use it as my daily driver, adventure vehicle (surf, mtn bike, bike), and family hauler!
Actually you will be using it exactly for what it was intended......get you from point A to point B reliably and safely.

Back