LC 1958 payload

ygauthier

📛 Founding Member
Jul 25, 2024
Media
Quebec Canada
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 250
Looking at the Toyota website for the LC 1958, it is indicated a payload capacity of 1365 lbs, looking at my door sticker, it shows 1100 lbs…. Anybody knows why? Same exact model, same specs, I don’t get it…

Attachments

• IMG_7864.jpeg
    IMG_7864.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 76
The Yellow sticker adjacent to the plate you posted is the safe payload of the vehicle. The payload differs depending on the add-ons to the vehicle. The more add-ons, the less the payload.

Yes, that sticker indicates 1100 pounds max. That is the max, including fuel, hitch weight, etc. the vehicle is rated for. There may be another sticker below that sticker that may reduce the capacity further. The “plate” may be just a generic tag Toyota puts on all the LCs. 1100 pounds is not too shabby considering the type of vehicle it is.

Yes, that sticker indicates 1100 pounds max. That is the max, including fuel, hitch weight, etc. the vehicle is rated for. There may be another sticker below that sticker that may reduce the capacity further. The “plate” may be just a generic tag Toyota puts on all the LCs. 1100 pounds is not too shabby considering the type of vehicle it is.
ok thanks, I looked in the owners manual, thay talk of 5 passenger trim and seven passenger trim, they dont make 7 passengers in North America.. 7 passenger gets more paylaod… 🤷‍♂️

7 passenger would have 3rd seat and no traction battery and would not have the added weight of the hybrid components all over the engine and chassis.

7 passenger would have 3rd seat and no traction battery and would not have the added weight of the hybrid components all over the engine and chassis.
Yeah I know, but we don’t have any 3rd row LC sold in North America, weired that they include that in the Canadian owners manual…

If I take GVWR and substract the Curb weight it should equal the payload. That calculation gives me 1365 lbs. The door sticker says 1100 lbs. 🤷‍♂️ there were not add ons… I think thay the tires could make difference, if it was equipped with the 265 instead of the 245, the payload would be a bit higher.

You are right, somebody measured the 1958.
Curb weight 5350 lbs. GVWR on the sticker 6725 lbs. It means 1375 lbs (623 kg) of payload. There is no doubt about.
But Toyota safely indicates on that standard sticker 1100 lbs (500 kg).
Did you see a sticker indicating something different than 1100 lbs payload ?

Back