Land Cruiser key?

BigE

📛 Founding Member
Jun 21, 2024
Media
NW Arkansas
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser FE, 2014 Land Cruiser
Does the 2024 Land Cruiser come with a physical key? I received two key fobs but did not find a key.

There is a small sliding tab on the back of the fob. Slide it and the key can be slid out from the corner where the carrying ring is attached. It’s a flat, square type key.

Reactions: Don
There is a small sliding tab on the back of the fob. Slide it and the key can be slid out from the corner where the carrying ring is attached. It’s a flat, square type key.
Thank you

Has anyone used the physical key? I tried it a moment ago and it opened the doors but set the loudest alarm off I have ever heard. Literally deafening. 12:30 am while doing a test run because I am driving to surf tomorrow and plan on keeping the physical key in my trunks. So the neighbors will love me in the morning because Im sure they are all awake! 😂
Time to pull the manual out and figure this out - got to be a way to use the key without setting the alarm off.

Has anyone used the physical key? I tried it a moment ago and it opened the doors but set the loudest alarm off I have ever heard. Literally deafening. 12:30 am while doing a test run because I am driving to surf tomorrow and plan on keeping the physical key in my trunks. So the neighbors will love me in the morning because Im sure they are all awake! 😂
Time to pull the manual out and figure this out - got to be a way to use the key without setting the alarm off.
I’m also a surfer and have not figured out a way to not set off the alarm when unlocking with the physical key. It’s very annoying so for now I’m just leaving the key fob dry close by so when I open the door I can quickly grab the fob and press unlock before the alarm gets super loud.

I read the manual and did some research online but couldn’t find a way to not set off the alarm….not ideal for surfers.

One alternative that I have heard about but have not tried, as I pick up my FE this afternoon, is using the Digital Key feature with an Apple watch. I have stand up paddleboards and an Apple watch, so plan to use this feature to avoid needing to carry a key/fob with me while out on the water.

The down side is you need 3 things for this to work. Which for me, at least initially while I have the free trial service, I will have in the locations I use my SUPs.

1. A subscription for the service with Toyota.
2. Cell service where your Land Cruiser will be parked.
3. An Apple watch.

If it works as advertised, it will be a nice feature. Just not sure it will be worth the subscription expense after the trial period ends.

One alternative that I have heard about but have not tried, as I pick up my FE this afternoon, is using the Digital Key feature with an Apple watch. I have stand up paddleboards and an Apple watch, so plan to use this feature to avoid needing to carry a key/fob with me while out on the water.

The down side is you need 3 things for this to work. Which for me, at least initially while I have the free trial service, I will have in the locations I use my SUPs.

1. A subscription for the service with Toyota.
2. Cell service where your Land Cruiser will be parked.
3. An Apple watch.

If it works as advertised, it will be a nice feature. Just not sure it will be worth the subscription expense after the trial period ends.
Your Apple Watch will require a cell service in this set up.

If you are not using your hitch receiver, there was always something like this.

Reactions: MJE
Have you tried locking it with the physical key as a 1st step? I just tried that and it didn't set off the alarm when I then opened it with the physical key so I thought that I had the answer. BUT then I tried it every other possible way and didn't set off any alarms. I have a 1958 so maybe it is different since 58's are a little less capable/annoying in the tech dept 🤣

Thanks for the responses on this. So TheBat has the answer....leave key fob in car, lock with physical key and when you unlock again with physical key, alarm does not sound. Thanks again!

Thanks for the responses on this. So TheBat has the answer....leave key fob in car, lock with physical key and when you unlock again with physical key, alarm does not sound. Thanks again!
A note on this...

I have my door handle set to unlock all, so if I enter that way and only lock with the physical key, all the other doors remained unlocked.

My workaround in playing with this was one click on the fob to unlock only the drivers door, then locking with the physical key accomplished the desired All doors locked.

Reactions: MJE
Great point! I'll need to check to make sure all doors get locked when I use that key. Thank you!!

A note on this...

I have my door handle set to unlock all, so if I enter that way and only lock with the physical key, all the other doors remained unlocked.

My workaround in playing with this was one click on the fob to unlock only the drivers door, then locking with the physical key accomplished the desired All doors locked.
Question as I don't know......

I was under the impression that if you double turned the key it would lock/unlock all doors?

Question as I don't know......

I was under the impression that if you double turned the key it would lock/unlock all doors?
I just tried it again and you are correct. Double turn right opened all doors. Single turn left locked all doors, so not sure what I did before or if I just mistakenly thought they weren't all locked. That is probably what happened.

I tested as well and yes, all doors lock when I turn that key so problem solved. Now as long as that strange looking key stays in my trunks during a surf I am good to go!!

Back