KO3's!!!

Buckfever

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Apr 12, 2024
Media
Lake County, IL
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
Ok so got the KO3's in the stock size 265/70/18. Now I was not 100% that I needed an LT tire. But this tire has so many appealing characteristics in terms of it's development, for sure I needed a snowflake rated off-road tire and at least for now it was what I wanted to experience. The other aspect of it even though I figured out how to get along better with the stock tires, I did not like what I perceived to be the roll from the weak sidewall. So now I am not a tire guy so the words that I am using are likely incorrect but this is my perception.

These were installed at the dealer and once again inflated in the high 40s psi as I when I took delivery of the vehicle. It must be their thing. What I can say right off is that roll that I was experienced with the stock tires was gone, so at least for now that aspect of picking the KO3's I regard as a success. Also the steering response IMO was excellent. And even with the high PSI these were not as floaty as the stock tires were at similar pressures.

To me anyway this gives the Land Cruiser the feel that I was anticipating would be consistent with the character of this vehicle. Also IMO the off road tire is very handsome and compliments the Land Cruiser. Just my preference.

Now I wasn't sure about what to do about the PSI, however driving it home I had several occasions to experience rough railroad crossings and definitely felt that was too harsh and was not allowing the suspension to do it's thing. So that made up my mind on needed to bring down the pressure.

Got home brought it down to 40 psi and then went and retested it over the railroad tracks and now we're golden. The tires are working with the suspension to dampen beautifully. After that I drove into the adjacent subdivision which has curvy roads and round abouts and the handling is now beautiful. Great steering response, well planted. This is where I wanted it in terms of the driving characteristics.

We'll see what of hit to the mpg, but so far so good and we'll see how it goes in the winter.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 43
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 34
I think you are the first forum member to not put oversized KO3โ€™s, etc. on their rig. THANK YOU!!! Please keep us posted as to how they change your fuel economy.

I think you are the first forum member to not put oversized KO3โ€™s, etc. on their rig. THANK YOU!!! Please keep us posted as to how they change your fuel economy.
I have also been running the KO3s (265/70 R18 124S RWL) in the original OEM size and am averaging approximately 20mpg. I never ran the stock tires so I canโ€™t speak to the relative difference in fuel economy but at least you can use this as an absolute number for a First Edition with no other modifications from stock. I have 1170 miles on the vehicle at this time.

Attachments

• IMG_0635.jpeg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    476.3 KB · Views: 15

There's a few of us! I'm on stock sized SL load Wildpeaks.

IMG_8915.jpeg

I'm curious to hear how the KO3s do in the mountain-west winter though. I wasn't happy with K02s in the past (to be fair they were on a RWD transit van, so the odds were stacked against them!), but it does look like the KO3 should be a decent improvement.

Back