Katzkin?

my 1958 hasnt been reskinned yet, but i’m also not sure i’m in such a rush as the cloth seats are really a lot nicer than i expected. May try to wear them out (or in) for a year or two and reassess. As for Katzkin, i have them in my taco and they have been exceptional. Going on 6 years and they still smell like a new baseball glove.

IMG_2899.jpeg
IMG_2898.jpeg
IMG_2897.jpeg

FWIW - i received an email from Katzkin today and they’re running a pretty decent sale … something like $500 off full custom sets

did not have those oem options on my taco. Katzkin offered heated options and some kind of insert option that helped keep the bottom seat cool, but i didn’t opt for either. I’ve heard the heating options are solid, the cool-ish inserts are a mixed bag

I had the Katskin install completed yesterday, I am beyond satisfied with the results!!

Attachments

• IMG_5520.jpg
    IMG_5520.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5521.jpg
    IMG_5521.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5522.jpg
    IMG_5522.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5523.jpg
    IMG_5523.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 112
Looks good, but I'm good with just seat cover for the front. I plan on getting this thing dirty. The 1958 is the one!

I had the Katskin install completed yesterday, I am beyond satisfied with the results!!
I am curious ...how do your heated seats feel. My 1958 was reskinned with Katskin too and I am underwhelmed with the heated seats. I am worried that their leather is either too thick or because it is not perforated, I am not getting the desired heat.

It's too stinkin' hot here in TN for me to even try the heated seats right now, but I will report back when it gets cold (sometime in December most likely). I did make note that Katzkin does include a guarantee that the heated seats will retain their function.

I am curious ...how do your heated seats feel. My 1958 was reskinned with Katskin too and I am underwhelmed with the heated seats. I am worried that their leather is either too thick or because it is not perforated, I am not getting the desired heat.
Please feel free to post up your photos! I would like to see another, especially in black.

Wow, looks awesome also, congrats! Yours even shows little to no wrinkling at the right lower corner of the driver's seat (see mine as a reference). I may bring it up to my installer, but may also just deal with it (if my OCD doesn't kick in, LOL).

Back