Just got the 2024 FE on Saturday.

BobL

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jun 26, 2024
Lake Charles, LA
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser First Edition
Just joined this forum for the inevitable questions that I likely will have.
So far so good. I had a Lexus GX460 for about 14 years (with a Jeep the last 3 years thanks to the chip shortage), and I like Land Cruiser over my prior Lexus. More comfortable inside in the driver's seat. I've only driven in town and looks like I'm getting 18 mpg, but that doesn't surprise me (although lower than the quoted MPG).

Well done.
What color did you go with and how long was your wait?

Well done.
What color did you go with and how long was your wait?
Black.
And I'm embarrassed to address the wait.
I had been debating between the Lexus Overtrail and the Land Cruiser, and I had contacted the salesman that I had previously purchased vehicles from several months ago about the LC wait time and whether I could even see one in person. They never had one, and we texted back and forth over the last few months. By chance, I texted him Saturday a.m., and he said they had one that I could actually look at (to decide whether to get on the wait list). It just so happened that they had just gotten another one in, and the purchaser for that vehicle was out of the country for a month, couldn't take it and agreed to be moved back for a later vehicle.
Black was not my first choice, but when offered that opportunity, I jumped at it. Not sure if it was a God thing or destiny or fate, but I'm not complaining about my good fortune.

Black.
And I'm embarrassed to address the wait.
I had been debating between the Lexus Overtrail and the Land Cruiser, and I had contacted the salesman that I had previously purchased vehicles from several months ago about the LC wait time and whether I could even see one in person. They never had one, and we texted back and forth over the last few months. By chance, I texted him Saturday a.m., and he said they had one that I could actually look at (to decide whether to get on the wait list). It just so happened that they had just gotten another one in, and the purchaser for that vehicle was out of the country for a month, couldn't take it and agreed to be moved back for a later vehicle.
Black was not my first choice, but when offered that opportunity, I jumped at it. Not sure if it was a God thing or destiny or fate, but I'm not complaining about my good fortune.
Black is a good color on all trims.

It looks like there are a number of FE's coming available for a number of reasons.

I had a dealer call me yesterday with "exciting news." I called him back and he said they are able to get a black FE in about 3 -4 months and I would only have to pay a 7.5% over MSRP for the privilege of waiting 4 months.....

Black is a good color on all trims.

It looks like there are a number of FE's coming available for a number of reasons.

I had a dealer call me yesterday with "exciting news." I called him back and he said they are able to get a black FE in about 3 -4 months and I would only have to pay a 7.5% over MSRP for the privilege of waiting 4 months.....
The nerve of these dealers!!! To sit there without the inkling of a conscience and with a straight face even! ๐Ÿ˜ 

Toyota dealers in many areas are absolute scum.

Name and shame them so everyone knows to avoid them.

Back