JDM LC250/LC300 18" wheels

D-mac

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Oct 22, 2024
California
I have noticed watching YouTube videos from Japan there are now several 18/20" cast/forged wheel options from Japanese aftermarket manufacturers with higher ~+40 or ~+50 offsets specifically for LC250s. Some of the leading brands for these fitments look be RAYS (Volk Racing, Gram Lights, Team Daytona), JAOS (sold at Toyota dealers in Japan), and 4x4 Engineering/Bradley. Was curious if anyone here that has them installed went through a local shop or imported them on their own from Japan? It seems few (if any) shops/distributors will carry these wheels in the LC sizes, but in the interest of supporting local businesses, I wanted to check into this.

I have done the same research on Japanese wheels. As much as I like them, they are very pricey. They are very light weight which is a huge plus. I have only seen +20 offset in the states for sale.

I have done the same research on Japanese wheels. As much as I like them, they are very pricey. They are very light weight which is a huge plus. I have only seen +20 offset in the states for sale.
It looks like if you import the wheels directly from Japan, you cut out the distributor/dealer and the prices are a lot more in line with popular brands from USA/other countries ($300-500/wheel cast or $500-800 forged). I agree that 18" forged wheels that are around 9kg/20lbs seem like a significant weight savings off of an OEM 20" rim that is around 38 lbs.

Last edited:
I ordered a set of Bradley Vs directly from Japan via Nengun. Super easy transaction and significantly cheaper than buying landed from a local distributor. Went and self cleared the package to save extra money on brokerage as well. Nengun has a bunch of other brands as well. Wouldnt hesitate to order from them again.

Worth mentioning, there are no Bradley distributors in Canada, so made extra sense for me. Shipping from US to Canada is an extra hassle and cost that buying direct makes easy to avoid.

I ordered a set of Bradley Vs directly from Japan via Nengun. Super easy transaction and significantly cheaper than buying landed from a local distributor. Went and self cleared the package to save extra money on brokerage as well. Nengun has a bunch of other brands as well. Wouldnt hesitate to order from them again.
Yes that company and Blackhawk Japan seem to be well prepared to export JDM wheels. How do you like the Bradley Vs? Curiously, what is their listed weight?

Currently the wheels are sitting at home in a box, as I wait for a custom made hub ring and still wont be going on till next Spring. I am using my stock wheels for winter and then switching it up. Im not sure the listed weight, when I weighed them at home I think it was ~23lbs for the 18x8.5 et 20 wheels.

Currently the wheels are sitting at home in a box, as I wait for a custom made hub ring and still wont be going on till next Spring. I am using my stock wheels for winter and then switching it up. Im not sure the listed weight, when I weighed them at home I think it was ~23lbs for the 18x8.5 et 20 wheels.
Thanks, that weight is very good for cast wheels! Slightly more than the Gram Lights 57DR-X. I understand the 18" stock Toyotas are around 28 pounds.
I noticed neither Bradley nor RAYS make hub rings for the 95.1mm Toyota hub, they must think that the 110-112m center bores on their wheels are close enough/"lug-centric".

There are two different options for 95.1 to 110mm on Amazon, however the lip inside the Bradley V is only ~7mm deep, and both options are 10mm, so they stuck out on the face. I messaged the one seller and they offered to make custom rings for $50..

I didnt order any hub caps, so perhaps they would have closed the gap enough to work.

Attachments

• PXL_20241003_212533200.jpg
    PXL_20241003_212533200.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 5
After quite a bit of contemplation, I ordered the Jaos tribecross through Blackhawk Japan last week. Hasnโ€™t shipped yet but I will update as the process moves along.

After quite a bit of contemplation, I ordered the Jaos tribecross through Blackhawk Japan last week. Hasnโ€™t shipped yet but I will update as the process moves along.
My BHJ wheel order was placed in March and just arrived last month.

Back