Is Second set of wheels/tires to much trouble?

OKLA Cruiser

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 5, 2024
Oklahoma City
Vehicles
Ram Diesel, Jeep Diesel
I want to have a second set of tires on wheels. One set that is for pavement and one set for off road. Then I can bolt on my AT4s when going off roading. How ever I am hearing that on Toyota's you cannot use two different sets of TPMS sensors without re-programing them every time I swap out tire/wheel sets. Is this true? If so, that's a big inconvenience. I have two set on my Ram truck and I just swap and go. I thought surely someone on here has tried this. and can advise.

I thought I read somewhere that the lc can recognize 2 sets of TPMs. Might just have to get used to programming them which shouldnโ€™t be any more difficult than physically swapping tires. I would like an extra set also for the winter just have to be sure they are compatible with the lc. And if not I will just do a once over of the tires every week and ignore the TPMs light. Like back when we didnโ€™t have TPMs.

Storage is also an issue. I was in Norway a few weeks ago staying in an Airbnb. Apparently the owner had a BMW SUV because behind our place he had 4 gorgeous BMW alloy wheels with winter tires mounted, and an additional 20 or so other tires, all in very good condition, some of them mounted and some of them not. Obviously they need 2 sets in Norway.

Back