mountaindesert

📛 Founding Member
Jun 20, 2024
Media
Wrightwood
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 1958
Confused about how the inverter and accessory button work

If I want to leave the vehicle off but charge my phone and/or listen to music from the vehicle speakers. Can I leave the car off and do this by pushing the AC 120 volt button?

This did not work for me.

Alternatively if I push the power/start button twice (not in accessory mode) without stepping on the brake so the car does not start, then I can use the radio and charge my phone from the front USB ports.

If I do that, am I at risk of draining the car battery if I listen to the radio for about an hour?

Which power source does that pull from?

Thank you

The AC 120v will only work when vehicle is on/running. The AC 120v will come from hybrid battery since it’s 2400 watt. The radio power will come from the 12v battery.

The AC 120v will only work when vehicle is on/running. The AC 120v will come from hybrid battery since it’s 2400 watt. The radio power will come from the 12v battery.
So is it possible that the 12-volt battery will die if I'm listening to music and charging my phone for a while?

OR is the battery system set up so that when the 12 volt gets low it pulls from the 2400 w hybrid to prevent the 12-volt from dying

If the radio is on long enough the battery could run out. This would take a quite bit of time to do. I’m pretty sure the hybrid system isn’t active in ACC mode. The hybrid system does charge the 12V battery.

Can anybody confirm that the hybrid battery will or will not charge the 12-volt battery when the car is in ACC mode?

If it doesn't then the 12-volt could run out.

If the radio is on long enough the battery could run out. This would take a quite bit of time to do. I’m pretty sure the hybrid system isn’t active in ACC mode. The hybrid system does charge the 12V battery.
On the same topic, what's the difference when I hit the power button twice and then the car dash, air conditioning and everything else comes on. But the engine doesn't start because I didn't step on the brake pedal.

Vs being in ACC mode only?

When you hit the button twice the vehicle is on just not running. In ACC mode the radio and 12V plugs work and that’s about it.

ACC cuts off on a timer, 20 minutes? Also on low voltage. Toyota wants you to have the car on for longer term use of the features

The hybrid system does not maintain the 12V battery in ACC mode.

ACC cuts off on a timer, 20 minutes? Also on low voltage. Toyota wants you to have the car on for longer term use of the features

The hybrid system does not maintain the 12V battery in ACC mode.
Thank you. Does it maintain the 12-volt battery if I hit the power button twice but don't turn the car on?

ACC is just like any other vehicle, if left on long enough will drain the 12v battery (although Toyota put a time out on it). In normal drive mode the engine will cut off when the traction battery is topped off and will maintain the state of charge on the 12v battery (Toyota put a time out on this as well, 1 hr, unless you override it) In my case the traction battery runs the AC, radio and accessories for approx 15 min and the ICE will start and run for approx 15 min.

I'm only aware of three states: On, Off, and ACC.
If I hit the power button once it activates the ACC mode. If I hit the power button twice All the lights on the dash go on and everything is functioning but the car is not on because I didn't step in the brake pedal when I hit the power button.

I'm not sure what that second mode is. The mode where I hit the button twice but don't step on the brake when I do so.

Back