Intro for dchilder

dchilder

📛 Founding Member
Jul 5, 2024
Denver, CO
Hi all - thanks to the admin(s) for running the site and letting me join.

I’m a mid-lifer whose “dream car” has always been a Land Cruiser. I’ve never owned one, but after a 2003 4Runner saved my life in 2006, and my replacement 2004 4Runner helped fill the gap, I’ve still yearned for the Land Cruiser. I got rid of the 4Runner (for a minivan… life choice at the time) around 2015, and have missed something I could drive off road in the mountains.

I was disappointed when I saw the announcement that Toyota was halting production of the LC after 2021. I was then very excited when I saw the announcement for the 2024 LC. I waited patiently for updates, and as soon as the “build” option was available on Toyota.com, I submitted my build and was directed to a local dealer… who had 90 preorders already :(. I’ve got the LC/LC with Trail Dust, Premium package and (unfortunately) the 20 inch wheels at port now… waiting for it to arrive here in Colorado to claim it. I can’t wait to do some exploring in it!

Looking forward to learning more and sharing info with everyone else in this forum!

Welcome dchilder! There seems to be a real disparity in regard to availability. Some are finding the new LC, even an occasional First Edition, on lots and uncommitted, whereas others, such you and I, are on a waiting list.

Welcome and congratulations on your pending delivery!

Care to share the story of how a 2003 4Runner saved your life in 2006?

Welcome and congratulations on your pending delivery!

Care to share the story of how a 2003 4Runner saved your life in 2006?
I was stopped at a red light with many cars in front of me. A dump truck loaded with gravel hit me at around 60mph (he didn’t hit brakes until after he hit me). Totaled my 4Runner and 3 cars in front of me. His front bumper was about 3-4 feet behind my head (in place of the rear seats). I had pain in my chest/abdomen, so they helicoptered me out of there - turned out to just be cracked ribs. I was on painkillers for a while afterwards - but I was walking unassisted the day after the accident. The accident was on the local news that night - they interviewed a fireman there who said he was amazed to hear that the driver (me) was going to be OK. It was unbelievable how much force the 4Runner absorbed without me being crushed!

Wow! I wonder how a unibody vehicle would compare to the body-on-frame 4Runner?

Back