How many TPMS sensors?

BigMF

📛 Founding Member
May 29, 2024
Media
Nashville, TN
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser Premium, 2011 Lexus LX570 (Retired)
All, it just occured to me to ask: How many tire pressure sensors show up on the dash in the new LC? My LX570 shows all 5 tires, including the spare. Does the new LC do the same? I would think so but wanted to verify.

Spares are usually overfilled. Thinking behind it is the tire will lose pressure overtime and when you do need the spare it will be at the right psi or over but not under inflated

It’s a lot easier to let air out of the spare when it’s time to use it than the opposite…

Source: man who changed a tire on the side of the Ohio turnpike last year only to lower the jack and find the car keep squatting down lower and lower on a flat spare 😭

Agreed... I had a similar experience recently (on a different car). Deflated my spare to slightly below 50 psi for that very reason :)

I took the tire pressure down to 33-34 for all four then 38 on the spare and it didnt like that. I got a low pressure warning that didnt go off until I put the spare back up to ~45 psi.

I took the tire pressure down to 33-34 for all four then 38 on the spare and it didnt like that. I got a low pressure warning that didnt go off until I put the spare back up to ~45 psi.
Starting on page 559.

Attachments

• IMG_0310.jpeg
    IMG_0310.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0311.jpeg
    IMG_0311.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 70
I wonder what PSI they had this set at from the factory. I also just had the same issue and ended up just resetting in the settings screen to the door recommended 33psi.

Question - is there a good reason to keep the spare inflated at a higher PSI? I can see it being a good idea if it didn’t have TMPS, but since it does, I’m going to know if it gets low.

Last edited:
I like to have the spare a few psi over heading into winter since it drops with colder temps. I think it’s around 1-2 psi per 10 degrees.

Back