How are you Closing your Hood?

Watufaka

đź“› Founding Member
Sep 3, 2023
Media
Bay Area
Vehicles
FE Land Cruiser Owner
Are we closing our hoods the old fashion way of lowering it then letting it slam shut?

The LC hoods are pretty heavy, so just wondering if some people have a better method.

Are we closing our hoods the old fashion way of lowering it then letting it slam shut?

The LC hoods are pretty heavy, so just wondering if some people have a better method.
Always close the hood like the frunk on a 911. Set it down gently to the first "click." Then press it down gently and firmly with an open palmed hand. Wipe handprints clean from said hood.
It is strongly recommended one wears athletic tennis shoes with a lug grip for balance and support.

Always close the hood like the frunk on a 911. Set it down gently to the first "click." Then press it down gently and firmly with an open palmed hand. Wipe handprints clean from said hood.
It is strongly recommended one wears athletic tennis shoes with a lug grip for balance and support.
I did that on all my Porsches and the Tesla Model 3. So far, all I've read is the let the gravity slamming method, but really don't like the loud metal sound. I will try this and check if it locks in place.

Does anyone know if the hood struts from a 4runner will fit our LC hoods?

Drop it. I’ve done it on every truck i’ve ever owned without a single consequence

Does anyone know if the hood struts from a 4runner will fit our LC hoods?
Sounds like a lot of jury rigging for not much gain. The GX hood may even be a hair longer than the Landcruiser's. I think I'd use the hood prop the two times a year I may open my hood to refill windshield washing fluid. (y)

Reactions: LC3
Sounds like a lot of jury rigging for not much gain. The GX hood may even be a hair longer than the Landcruiser's. I think I'd use the hood prop the two times a year I may open my hood to refill windshield washing fluid. (y)

Remind not to buy any vehicle you’ve ever owned.

Poor LC. Owner won’t even check the oil once a month.

Back