Homelink Garage door opener

ajbridg

📛 Founding Member
Aug 11, 2024
AR
Vehicles
2024 LandCruiser LC
Has anyone else had trouble programming the new Homelink system with the rear view camera mirror? I’ve tried using the opener from my wife’s car, the wireless keypad from outside my door, and manually with the learn button on the back of the door motor.

I can’t seem to get the new hardware to go into the same old-style pairing that’s been in these vehicles for 15 years. My old 4Runner connected no problem, I just can’t seem to figure this one out.

Anyone have any tips?

I thought I saw in the Homelink manual that maybe 7 remotes total could be programmed into the opener.? Maybe you maxed out?

I followed the directions provided and got it to work right away. Which was a pleasant surprise, since I could never get it to work with the homelink in my previous Subaru.

Hmmm, the maxing out might be a real thing. I’ll look into that I imagine that would be garage hardware specific though and not a Homelink problem.

Has anyone else had trouble programming the new Homelink system with the rear view camera mirror? I’ve tried using the opener from my wife’s car, the wireless keypad from outside my door, and manually with the learn button on the back of the door motor.

I can’t seem to get the new hardware to go into the same old-style pairing that’s been in these vehicles for 15 years. My old 4Runner connected no problem, I just can’t seem to figure this one out.

Anyone have any tips?
It took me 3 attempts before it took hold... I followed the on screen instructions... But hit the clear out all buttons during the setup.

Hmmm, the maxing out might be a real thing. I’ll look into that I imagine that would be garage hardware specific though and not a Homelink problem.

I found that I had to press the "learn" button on the back of the remote, then press the desired button on the mirror and follow the on-screen directions. Make sure to use a handheld remote garage door opener that you can hold within 2 inches of the mirror while following the on-screen directions. :)

Had a chat with homelink support this afternoon. The version in our LCs is newer and requires newer technology. My opener was built in 2014 but the keypad and remote I have don’t have the necessary outbound frequency or some nonsense. There’s no way to get our systems to go back to the old way of letting the vehicle act like an Amazon bought universal opener. Official Liftmaster opener upgrade on the way - hopefully on Wednesday I can save some of my brethren and sistren some frustration with good news

Had a chat with homelink support this afternoon. The version in our LCs is newer and requires newer technology. My opener was built in 2014 but the keypad and remote I have don’t have the necessary outbound frequency or some nonsense. There’s no way to get our systems to go back to the old way of letting the vehicle act like an Amazon bought universal opener. Official Liftmaster opener upgrade on the way - hopefully on Wednesday I can save some of my brethren and sistren some frustration with good news

My home was built in 2008, garage door opener and remotes are original to the home to the best of my knowledge, it worked just fine.

My home was built in 2008, garage door opener and remotes are original to the home to the best of my knowledge, it worked just fine.
Would you believe me if I told you I was jealous :) this is the first vehicle I haven’t gotten to work

Anyone have any tips?
I had trouble just programming from the opener to the vehicle.
I had to use a remote opener as described in the instructions. This required me to dig up some old garage door remotes and program them first.

I had trouble just programming from the opener to the vehicle.
I had to use a remote opener as described in the instructions. This required me to dig up some old garage door remotes and program them first.
Same story. I couldn't program from the opener but programming from a remote worked right away.

It took a bit and three tries using my existing remote, but it worked. I tried pressing the 'learn' button on the controller but never could get to work. Lift Master 2013

Update! Turns out a cheap knockoff Amazon opener truly could prevent this from working. I bought an official one and it programmed from the remote first try- hopefully this saves someone the headache I went through those first few days. Thanks for the input folks!

My opener (Genie) is much older than that and it worked fine

It's the 1st time I've ever got a Toyota homelink to work! Followed the instructions on the mirror and it worked 1st time.

Back