High Mileage on Startup

Bronxboy

📛 Founding Member
Aug 28, 2024
Delaware
Vehicles
lv
When starting the LC for a brief moment the odometer will indicate a high mileage of 8392 the revert back to the correct mileage. What the heck is going on ? Anyone else experiencing this crazy issue ? Thanks

I think I saw something similar last week and forgot about it. I think mine said 9xxx

When starting the LC for a brief moment the odometer will indicate a high mileage of 8392 the revert back to the correct mileage. What the heck is going on ? Anyone else experiencing this crazy issue ? Thanks
I'm pretty sure that is the number of miles until the next scheduled service. Subtract your mileage from 10,000 I bet it equals the number coming up on the odometer. Mine does the same thing, it's normal.

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks toothdoc. Never would have figured that one out. Appreciate your help

I haven’t noticed the mileage that you described. But the dash (on my 1958) does briefly display a wrench at initial startup. I haven’t thought to glance at the odometer then but I wonder if the remaining miles to first service is displayed during the wrench

I saw the same a couple of times. I also saw a “Service Required” alert with the high mileage for a couple of seconds.

That’s number of miles until oil change is do. You’ll still get an alert every 5k after service resets it and that’s for regular interval service

Back