KyLandcruiser

📛 Founding Member
Jun 14, 2024
Media
kentucky
Vehicles
99 landcruiser, 19 4Runner
Hello y’all

Hello I’m currently waiting on my 24 Land Cruiser. I currently have a 19 trd off-road 4Runner and a 99 lx470. I will be trading the 4Runner in.
If anyone in here has a Camry, hybrid Rav or the last generation Venza there’s a chance I built part of it. I work at the KY Toyota plant.
I look forward to seeing everyone’s Landcruisers. My 99 has been built up for off road use. I’m in the TLCA club.

Great to have a Toyota employee on the forum! Nope, do not own, or have previously owned, any of the Toyota models you mentioned. However, we did own a RAV4 with the V6. Talk about a pocket rocket! What is off-roading like in your neck of the wood? Here it is chasing old mines and ghost towns (the remnants of), and murder on tires. To this end, am certainly disappointing Toyota brought forth such a skimpy offering for the LC line. Lexus did much better in this regard. I suppose the forthcoming 4Runner had something to do with their decision?

I wish I knew someone. Mine has been at the port for 5 weeks.
It must make you a bit nervous the issue seems to be the sunroof roof drains? Recently viewed a video of the 2-Day procedure to access the roof drains in a Highlander. I shudder to think if this is what they are facing with the LC!

Great to have a Toyota employee on the forum! Nope, do not own, or have previously owned, any of the Toyota models you mentioned. However, we did own a RAV4 with the V6. Talk about a pocket rocket! What is off-roading like in your neck of the wood? Here it is chasing old mines and ghost towns (the remnants of), and murder on tires. To this end, am certainly disappointing Toyota brought forth such a skimpy offering for the LC line. Lexus did much better in this regard. I suppose the forthcoming 4Runner had something to do with their decision?
The trails close to me are old un maintained county roads. The trails can get difficult when wet. I wouldn’t take the new Landcruiser through them unless you want dings and dents. America got the 250 because of the price point.

It must make you a bit nervous the issue seems to be the sunroof roof drains? Recently viewed a video of the 2-Day procedure to access the roof drains in a Highlander. I shudder to think if this is what they are facing with the LC!
I have no worries Toyota tries to make sure a good product is put out. The Highlander isn’t on the same platform as the Landcruiser so it will be a bit different. Toyota takes care of the product they release.

The trails close to me are old un maintained county roads. The trails can get difficult when wet. I wouldn’t take the new Landcruiser through them unless you want dings and dents. America got the 250 because of the price point.
"Wet" is not an issue here, except possibly a flash flood from a desert thunderstorm. Sharp rocks and cactus are tough on tires. Here is the video I was referring to. I suspect all Toyota sunroofs are similar in design.

"Wet" is not an issue here, except possibly a flash flood from a desert thunderstorm. Sharp rocks and cactus are tough on tires. Here is the video I was referring to. I suspect all Toyota sunroofs are similar in design.

This is a pano roof. They are different than the sunroof our LC has. I believe the seal on ours is part of the glass.

I worked at TMMK for 25 years and retired in 2022. Small world!! What model do you have coming in?
I have the LC with premium package coming in. I’ve been at TMMK a bit over 11 years.

Back